• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grant Flower back in international cricket....

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ITSTL....

I thought he was going back to Zimbabwe to be their batting coach, not to actually play international cricket....really big news for Zimbabwe.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Good news. Still a very capable batsman, some impressive numbers in the County Championship this season.

Why drop Taylor though?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Good news. Still a very capable batsman, some impressive numbers in the County Championship this season.

Why drop Taylor though?
Indeed.

I wonder if Anthony Ireland has any intentions of representing ZIM again. Good looking fast-bowler.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to him. He's still a capable performer with the bat and he's super fit. I'm not authority on Zimbabwe, but imagine he's still close to the best available batsman they have.

No Blignaut still. Is he injured or given it away once again?

morgieb

Fair play to him. He's still a capable performer with the bat and he's super fit. I'm not authority on Zimbabwe, but imagine he's still close to the best available batsman they have.

No Blignaut still. Is he injured or given it away once again?
Last thing I heard was that he didn't sign a franchise contract and he was re-considering coming back.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't play in the Ireland series either, must be injured or something.
Can only hope so. Would be 1 step forward with the inclusion of Flower, 2 steps back if Taylor and Price are missing through nothing else but injury.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
ZIM will benefit more by having Sean Ervine back. They have to stop the **** selections and play their best 11.

Pick H Masakadsa, Taylor, S. Ervine, Taibu, G. Flower, Chigambura, Blignaut, Utseya, Price, Mpofu, Rainsford looks like their best XI.

Flem274*

123/5
Ervine further down the order surely? Williams wouldn't be a bad option for opener either.

Dion Ebrahim is still player/coach in Taranaki club cricket last I heard. He'd be a good addition to the side.

Great to see a Flower back in Zimbabwe anyway.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ZIM will benefit more by having Sean Ervine back. They have to stop the **** selections and play their best 11.

Pick H Masakadsa, Taylor, S. Ervine, Taibu, G. Flower, Chigambura, Blignaut, Utseya, Price, Mpofu, Rainsford looks like their best XI.
Anthony Ireland if he has interests in playing for ZIM again, would be in there as well.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be very interested to know the reason why Taylor was dropped because of the latest bunch of Zimbabwean players I've seen play, hes easily been one of the most impressive. I'm sure having Flower back in the mix is going to help them in the short run but is it really a positive move with a look to the long term if he takes the spot of a younger batsman?

Flem274*

123/5
I think it's a good move. Need to get them competitive first, then use the increased funding to work on the younger generation.

Hamilton Masakadsa
Sean Williams
Brendan Taylor
Grant Flower
Chigambura
Sean Ervine
Tatenda Taibu
Andy Blignaut
Ray Price
Anthony Ireland
That Rainsford bloke

Not too shabby. Would be a big plus if they managed to steal back de Grandhomme from us as well. 31 with the bat and 29 with the ball in FC cricket for Auckland.

Getting their best players in other domestic competitions would really help them out imo.

morgieb

Ervine not 100% certain to come back last thing I heard. Ditto Blignaut and Ireland.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ervine further down the order surely? Williams wouldn't be a bad option for opener either.

Dion Ebrahim is still player/coach in Taranaki club cricket last I heard. He'd be a good addition to the side.

Ebrahim's dire as, especially in one day cricket.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

This Ervine is not Craig. It's his brother Sean. ZIM needs a quality batsman like him.