• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

slowfinger

International Debutant
Here are the dates:

Tuesday 26th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium Abu Dhabi, 1st T20I

Wednesday 27th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 2nd T20I

Friday 29th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 1st ODI

Sunday 31st October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 2nd ODI

Tuesday 2nd November--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 3rd ODI

Friday 5th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 4th ODI

Monday 8th November--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 5th ODI

Friday Nov 12-Wednesday Nov 16--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 1st Test

Sat Nov 20 - Wed Nov 24--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 2nd Test

Should be a cracker, can't wait !

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds good.

Has Test cricket ever been played before in Dubai/Abu Dhabi?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
No Asif and no Amir and no signs of them either so far...i would think ICC is not going to let them off the hook....

So, our fast bowling options in UAE's likely dust bowls....

Gul
Akhtar
Riaz
Razzaq
I don't see Irfan making it..
A recall for Sami perhaps...?
Or the Tanvir dude who never got a chance in UK?
Can't think who else....Rana Naved met with Butt if he gets clearance he may return...

We have a terrible attack for tests...with only Riaz and Gul to be real long term bowlers..Akhtar is likely to break down in the middle and Razzaq is just not threatening enough.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Would back the Pakistan batsmen to put up a better show on dustbowls tbh, especially if both MoYo and YK are in the middle order.

Fawad Alam simply has to be the one to replace Butt. Kurram Manzoor could be okay on a Pakistanish pitch as well, but Yasir Hameed is probably a safer bet.

Will Haider return?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Here are the dates:

Tuesday 26th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium Abu Dhabi, 1st T20I

Wednesday 27th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 2nd T20I

Friday 29th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 1st ODI

Sunday 31st October--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 2nd ODI

Tuesday 2nd November--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 3rd ODI

Friday 5th October--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 4th ODI

Monday 8th November--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 5th ODI

Friday Nov 12-Wednesday Nov 16--Pakistan v South Africa at Dubai, 1st Test

Sat Nov 20 - Wed Nov 24--Pakistan v South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 2nd Test

Should be a cracker, can't wait !
I get depressed literally every time I see a tour schedule these days. Such a long list of international fixtures and only two of them are Tests.

Faisal1985

Would back the Pakistan batsmen to put up a better show on dustbowls tbh, especially if both MoYo and YK are in the middle order.

Fawad Alam simply has to be the one to replace Butt. Kurram Manzoor could be okay on a Pakistanish pitch as well, but Yasir Hameed is probably a safer bet.

Will Haider return?
So far it doesn't seem like it. I don't even think Yk will return...i think they will continue with Khurram or just put Alam at the top.

Bowling looks quite dead with only Gul being the real threat other then that..i think it will be run fest as long as the tests are concerned.

For ODIs in day nights, the team chasing has a better chance because of the dew factor....imo

Jayzamann

International Regular
That is a busy month. Would be interesting to see the turnout for the games, especially the tests.

Daemon

Would have loved to watch this series if Asif and Amir were present. They would be tested too, with less seam friendly wickets in Dubai.

Unfortunately it looks pretty one sided as far as the test matches and one dayers go.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Doubt there would be much turn out for tests or even ODIs...tbh
The first ODI and first day of the 1st Test fall on a Friday, which would have a massive turn out as it's the one day of the week that the majority of Pakistan expats get the day off. There are also a lot of Saffies in UAE which would go on the Friday and Saturday. I agree that the other days will probably have small attendance.

Faisal1985

The first ODI and first day of the 1st Test fall on a Friday, which would have a massive turn out as it's the one day of the week that the majority of Pakistan expats get the day off. There are also a lot of Saffies in UAE which would go on the Friday and Saturday. I agree that the other days will probably have small attendance.
Yes, i think Thursday and Friday are the "weekends" there so its possible. Unless i am wrong and its Friday and Saturday.

In any case yes, South Africans may have good support, but Pak supports for tests are rather slim usually even at home...ODI perhaps if the day is off...but i would love to see good turn out....

Xuhaib

International Coach
if we can make this competitive without Aamer and Asif I will be pleasantly surprised even with them SA would have been favorites but without them it should be massive thrashing.

Daemon

For some reason I feel the batting will be more of a concern rather than the bowling.

Faisal1985

if we can make this competitive without Aamer and Asif I will be pleasantly surprised even with them SA would have been favorites but without them it should be massive thrashing.
Must say it depends on the conditions, if we get flat tracks.....then bravo!...we have a chance....

..to aviod the thrashing

:laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Must say it depends on the conditions, if we get flat tracks.....then bravo!...we have a chance....

..to aviod the thrashing

:laugh:
this lot cant even bat on flat tracks Lords was flat and they got rolled over for 74 and 147 the batting is minnow standard nowdays for Pakistan.