• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Xuhaib

International Coach
I sometimes wonder how it feel to be an Imran Farhat.Oppositions call me a walking wicket, teammates only play me with reluctance or due to lack of choice fans call me a sifarshi and the wife knows that I make my living only through her father support.

lol what a life.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I sometimes wonder how it feel to be an Imran Farhat.Oppositions call me a walking wicket, teammates only play me with reluctance or due to lack of choice fans call me a sifarshi and the wife knows that I make my living only through her father support.

lol what a life.
Well, it all depends on internal satisfaction.....he is probably satisfied with what he is....

A low life dick head!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the current form of ODI teams continue through to the world cup, I honestly can't predict a clear winner. South Africa, Sri Lanka, India and even England are the stronger contenders, but you can't write off Australia and Pakistan that easily too. Not to mention Bangladesh making a couple of upsets. Should be a great WC this.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the current form of ODI teams continue through to the world cup, I honestly can't predict a clear winner. South Africa, Sri Lanka, India and even England are the stronger contenders, but you can't write off Australia and Pakistan that easily too. Not to mention Bangladesh making a couple of upsets. Should be a great WC this.
UAE conditions are very similar to those in the subcontinent and given that SA is currently struggling against a side without 3 of its best players (not to mention their "record" in big tourneys), I honestly dont see how they are a main contender

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I agree. SA have to seriously get their **** together in all facets of the game.

Their death bowling is atrocious, their batting in the middle overs is mediocre and the less said about their fielding the better.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah I agree. SA have to seriously get their **** together in all facets of the game.

Their death bowling is atrocious, their batting in the middle overs is mediocre and the less said about their fielding the better.
This tournament seems a bit of an outlier in terms of SA fielding. And tbh their fielding wasn't quite so bad in the first half of the Pakistan batting.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
On the point of no Rusty, he isn’t in the test side and being the number 1 test side come early 2011 is more important to CSA then pinging down their ODI side. These are warm up games for Steyn and Parnell. Steyn only started bowling again on Thursday. Though now that its 2-2, Theron will probably have to play on Monday. Biggest worry for South Africa is that they are very easy to contain in ODIs on subcontinent like wickets, they don’t collapse against spin, they just can’t effectively score heavy against it, and so they target bowlers of the class of Shoaib to hit out against.

For Pak, they should get Hafeez in the test side. South Africa batsman just don’t have clue how to get him off the square and whilst he will never amount to much with the bat, saves Pak from fielding Kaneria as their second spinner.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
There was no need to bring back both Steyn and Parnell. Both were rusty as **** tbh. So much leg side crap from them. Lots of wides by SA.
Hence why they were playing. Better Steyn bowling dross here than in the first test.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Good result for Pakistan and also a good result for the ODI format. I couldn't believe Steyn's figures when I saw them this morning, I don't think Steyn will bowl any more dross like that though.

Hafeez would be a decent shout for the test team IMO, he seems to have the temperment for test match cricket. It's great to see Akhtar bowling pretty well in these ODI's. The more Shoaib bowls, the fitter he becomes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good result for Pakistan and also a good result for the ODI format. I couldn't believe Steyn's figures when I saw them this morning, I don't think Steyn will bowl any more dross like that though.

Hafeez would be a decent shout for the test team IMO, he seems to have the temperment for test match cricket. It's great to see Akhtar bowling pretty well in these ODI's. The more Shoaib bowls, the fitter he becomes.
Hafeez is weird. He looks okay technically and he seems to know how to build an innings, but he loves throwing away starts and goes through weird periods in his career where he decides to massively fish outside off stump for a few games.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hence why they were playing. Better Steyn bowling dross here than in the first test.
Is Parnell playing the first test? Otherwise pick the guy who helped win you a ODI last match.

Don't pick two rusty bowlers IMO.