• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Look I enjoyed the match so I'm not trying to detract from the spectacle, and bad cricket is obviously going to occur in cricket matches, but today was to the extreme. If all I want is close cricket matches I'll go watch the under 12s in my local cricket club.

Xuhaib

International Coach
lets hope we can win the finale atleast take something from this tour without Aamer-Asif I have zero hope for test series.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Look I enjoyed the match so I'm not trying to detract from the spectacle, and bad cricket is obviously going to occur in cricket matches, but today was to the extreme. If all I want is close cricket matches I'll go watch the under 12s in my local cricket club.
nah you are going overboard only fielding was poor from bothsides rest of the stuff was top notch Younis knock, Morne spell Hafeez and Afridi onslught against Steyn, earlier in the Smith, Botha, Shoaib and Wahab all shown through.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd say the running was pretty **** from Pak. I could 5 run out opportunities, and not just "oooh if he hit he was just gone" but ridiculous ****. They were only punished twice.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Meh, **** running only annoys me watching a game when it actually results in a lot of run outs. I don't watch cricket to see batsman execute good judgement between the wickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I'd say the running was pretty **** from Pak. I could 5 run out opportunities, and not just "oooh if he hit he was just gone" but ridiculous ****. They were only punished twice.
fair enough I don't even factor in poor running or dropped catches when I am judging Pakistan's performance since this is what they will do even when they play outstanding cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not many good batsmen with poor judgment between the wickets tbh. In fact, can't think of any top quality batsmen that don't have good to excellent running.

And I dare say you don't need to have good judgment to not hit it straight to a fielder, run half way, get confused, and then continue your run :ph34r: Adequate judgment will do.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
fair enough I don't even factor in poor running or dropped catches when I am judging Pakistan's performance since this is what they will do even when they play outstanding cricket.
Haha, can't argue with that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Great match, Fawad Alam got out early thats why Pakistan chased 270+ :laugh:
harsh, Younis knock was no different to Fawad knocks in the past 2 games, kid gets a lot of flak because he looks ugly from any angle you look.

slowfinger

International Debutant
harsh, Younis knock was no different to Fawad knocks in the past 2 games, kid gets a lot of flak because he looks ugly from any angle you look.
Join the society.
Dil Dil Pakistan, must treally bring confidence to Pakistan cricket and Pakistan in generalm once more. Younis' knock pretty much won us the game, but Afridi and Razzaq, Haider, Hafeez and Riaz also were influential. Will be a great finale.

angad

U19 12th Man
RR was under control when YK got out (55 required, 8 overs remaining), same was not the case with Fawad when he got out in 2nd ODI - 72 required, 8 overs remaining. 3rd ODI was a small total which he made look like a 300 plus in the end. Wahab Riaz made the game close, Fawad just happened to be there.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
:laugh:

His strike was better then what it seems as well...

Last game wasn't his fault except for that one single that he should have denied and retained strike....it was simply **** batting from Pak. As usual....

Xuhaib

International Coach
btw both sides look far off the pace for the WC Pakistan one can understand since if all dust settles atleast 4-5 first team players will come in but I have been surprised how average SA have looked they should be smoking this Pak side.