• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Akhtar to make test comeback? Is this a joke?
Think its only a limited over squad....

They need 2 more fast bowlers for the test squad at least..Tanvir is low on pace and Akhtar is ...you know what...Razzaq is not Test material anymore imo...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
For test squad we need Junaid Khan and Kashif Daud...One of them can be the third seamer with Riaz and Gul.

BTW..those of you who watched the England ODIs...how do you assess Akhtar's fitness?? Is he fit at all? Is he overweight? Is he running in quickly? How is his pace?
He bowled pretty well in the ODIs I would say...

Faisal1985

For test squad we need Junaid Khan and Kashif Daud...One of them can be the third seamer with Riaz and Gul.

BTW..those of you who watched the England ODIs...how do you assess Akhtar's fitness?? Is he fit at all? Is he overweight? Is he running in quickly? How is his pace?
He bowled pretty well in the ODIs I would say...
He is at best an ODI bowler for now..but did seem to improve as the series went along....He will break down if they put him in tests...and that i would say may be his last injury....he did a great job in ODIs and T20s...i would say stick to him in ODIs and T20s only for now....

If however, it does seem like that he is comfortably bowling an 7-8 over spell in ODIs...then may be just may be try him in a test where the pitch is helping bowlers...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
"There have been key changes in the management as well, the most significant being the return of Intikhab Alam as manager of the side. Intikhab, a veteran manager, takes over from Yawar Saeed. He was also coach of the side until earlier this year and in an inquiry committee after the Australia tour in January called his players "mentally ********", as well as suspecting the motives of some of them in the now infamous Sydney Test loss."

Misbah returns, no captain named | Cricket News | Pakistan v South Africa | Cricinfo.com

:laugh: Gotta love Pak.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Misbah? Farhat? is this a joke?

Pakistan Circus Board continues to out do themselves there is no end to this torture.

Xuhaib

International Coach
oh dear lord that garbage can is not going to get selected for a girl's school 2nd XI and there he is Pakistan's test captain.ICC do a favor and ban Pakistan because because in any case Butt will destroy it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh dear lord that garbage can is not going to get selected for a girl's school 2nd XI and there he is Pakistan's test captain.ICC do a favor and ban Pakistan because because in any case Butt will destroy it.
Who would you recommend as captain? The only permanent fixture atm seems to be Gul :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Who would you recommend as captain? The only permanent fixture atm seems to be Gul :laugh:
do the logical thing and bring back Younis as the skipper and build the side around youth Amin,Umer,Shafiq,Fawad,Azhar yes the team will struggle but its still going to struggle with recycled rubbish Misbah,Hafeez and Farhats atleast with youth there is hope they can mature in to good cricketers, but this is PCB and they don't do logical stuff.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
do the logical thing and bring back Younis as the skipper and build the side around youth Amin,Umer,Shafiq,Fawad,Azhar yes the team will struggle but its still going to struggle with recycled rubbish Misbah,Hafeez and Farhats atleast with youth there is hope they can mature in to good cricketers, but this is PCB and they don't do logical stuff.
But Younis has expressed his disinterest in being captain, understandably so.

Faisal1985

I don't think i have any interest in watching the tests anymore...it is terrorism what Ijaz Butt is doing to Pak team...YK gets continued to be ignored...the only man left who is capable of captaining Pak...

Xuhaib

International Coach
Misbah now captain. Taufeeq, Sami and Kaneria recalled :laugh:
welcome to 2003. In next 4 years Wasim will be made captain with 2 young all rounders Azhar Mahmood and Abdur Razzaq making their way in too the team while the whole world will be talking about the new tear away Shoaib Akhtar who had just bowled Sachin Tendulkar first ball.

AaronK

State Regular
After seeing Misbah as a captain today.. I changed my Siggy.. it will remain that til younis comes in as a captain.