• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
THANK YOU! Exactly my point. Values his wicket, useful bowling combo aswell, bats anywhere because of his flexibility and gets his runs aswell. Only thing I would doubt is consistency, but he is young also, don't forget.

MY XI

Alam
Hafeez
Yousuf
Misbah
Kamal
Haider
U.Akmal/Younis
Razzaq
Wahab/Irfan/Kaneria
Sami/Gul
Ajmal
Misbah??? :wacko:

For the tests...

Alam
Farhat
Younis
Yousuf
Umar Akmal
Shafiq
Haider
Gul
Junaid
Sami/Waha Riaz
Ajmal/Kaneria

ODIs/T20s

Kamran
Hafeez
Younis
Yousuf
Umar
Shafiq
Afridi
Razzaq
Gul
Akhtar
Ajmal

AaronK

State Regular
I say the likes of Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal, Imran Farhat, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Hafeez, Misbah Ul Haq, Danish kaneria, Shoaib Akhtar, yasir hameed, Mohammad Sami and Rana Navid should be no where the Test Team Again

Shoaib malik, Karman akmal and Rana Navid are match fixers... so they deserve a life ban let alone selecting them for a team..

My XI test

1 Khuram Manzoor/ Nasir Jamshid
2 Azhar Ali
3 Younis Khan
4 Mohammad Yousuf
5 Umar Akmal
6 Fawad Alam
7 Zulqarnian Haider
8 Yasir Arafat/ Anwar Ali
9 Umar Gul
10 Saeed Ajmal
11 Junid Khan/ Sohail Khan / Mohammad Talha

12 Asad Shafiq
13 Abdul Rahman
14 Reza Hasan

ODI and 20/20

1 Nasir Jamshid
2 Shahzab Hasan
3 Fawad Alam
4 Shafiq Asad
5 Umar Akmal
6 Shahid Afridi
7 Zulqarnian Haider
8 Abdul Razzaq/ Yasir Arafat/ Anwar Ali
9 Saeed Ajmal
10 Umar Gul
11 Shoaib Akhtar

Younis Khan should be the captain of test side while Afridi should lead the limited overs..

slowfinger

International Debutant
Oi no no no no, Misbah has been a stone in the tests I can honestly say I can't say why he got kicked out.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
SA have some choices. Botha will probably play ahead of Harris with either Parnell or Lopsy as the third seamer. If it's Parnell, that's a lot of batting down the order.

Peterson
Smith
Hash
Kallis
AB
Prince
Boucher
Botha
Lopsy/Parnell
Steyn
Morne

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Misbah has received enough chances.. There is a reason why he never managed to make it as a regular earlier. He has received chances from early 2000 onwards..he never managed to perform consistently. Then in 07, after Inzamam, he had a great year, did superbly in India..but then slowly his form fell. He failed badly in New Zealand, Australia.

Right now, Younis Khan, Fawad Alam and Mohammad Yousuf should be the middle order.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Misbah has received enough chances.. There is a reason why he never managed to make it as a regular earlier. He has received chances from early 2000 onwards..he never managed to perform consistently. Then in 07, after Inzamam, he had a great year, did superbly in India..but then slowly his form fell. He failed badly in New Zealand, Australia.

Right now, Younis Khan, Fawad Alam and Mohammad Yousuf should be the middle order.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SA have some choices. Botha will probably play ahead of Harris with either Parnell or Lopsy as the third seamer. If it's Parnell, that's a lot of batting down the order.

Peterson
Smith
Hash
Kallis
AB
Prince
Boucher
Botha
Parnell
Steyn
Morne
Would go with that.

Xuhaib

International Coach

Misbah is very much like North once he gets past 20 he is immovable but for those first 20 runs he's a walking wicket when you play test cricket the bowlers does not allow you that much window unlike FC cricket where you might get away more often then not with a soft start..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
because he's technically rubbish by even pakistan standards.
I don't think his technique is that bad; I just think he's a bit past it now. I think his golden period showed that he was perhaps a bit unlucky not to be picked more in his prime, but I wouldn't pick him again now.

Faisal1985

Misbah lacks the technique at the int'l level imo. He can score hundreds and fifties at FC but on a slightly moving wicket he hands over his wicket....if anything may be he can drop by for a T20 or 2....no where he fits...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well his technique is definitely not worse than some of the clowns I have seen wear the green jersey and make a fool of themselves..but with him..the issue is more of lack of performances... I dont remember the last time he scored a test hundred..It was probably against India in 07. Fine we didnt play test matches in 08 but he had 09..He barely got two 50s. Thats just not good enough to justify a place considering the middle order is not that weak..
Younis, Fawad, Yousuf is a pretty solid middle order.
If Azhar Ali opens the batting with Nasir Jamshed/Khurram Manzoor, the batting wouldnt be that bad actually (at least by Pakistan standards)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I really don't think there's much wrong with his technique. I think he had problems adjusting to the pressure of international cricket when he first got picked all those years ago and then suffered from not being shown any consistent faith. When he was finally recalled post-Inzy he did well but due to his age he really didn't have much left - now I think his eyes and his reflexes are failing him a little bit, so he can't rotate the strike with the subtlety he used to and has ended up a genuine block or slog merchant.

I wouldn't be picking him now, but I do think he should go down as a pretty good cricketer who things just didn't work out for, when he retires.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Yeah I guess.. There have been a couple of occasions when I thought he was a pretty good player...especially in 07 against India..but also when he started in 01-02. There were a couple of half centuries here and there he scored under pressure which promised something big. But he did get his chances you know. His case is not like Fawad Alam's who is not getting enough chances.
From 2001-02 onwards, he was the go to guy when Inzy/Yousuf got injured. Younis Khan did not become a regular until 2004...so he had about 3 years to make a place in the middle order. He just couldn't do it.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I think he was partially unlucky like on the BAD side of the selectors and the fact that he was in out didn't really give him an opportunity to do something big, you say he was appauling since 07, well to be honest I can't name many people that have been too great, so I would cut him some slack.

EDIT: Will some Mod please sticky this? Thanks.

Faisal1985

Pakistan squad: Imran Farhat, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Shoaib Akhtar, Tanveer Ahmed, Zulqarnain Haider (wk).

Pak Squad..........no captain announced yet again... :blink:

Faisal1985

Well....its all a joke more or less....tbh. The man who called the players as "mentally ********" has been assigned as a manager again...and a captain who really put up a good fight against England in ODIs has been left hanging in the middle.....

...Haider's return is a great news imo. There were reports that YK will make a come back in this series but that didn't happen...instead Misbah was picked...but at least there are some stats to back up his selection at least..he did put up a good show at the domestic ODI tournament...i hope he can translate that into something better...Imran Farhat clearly has some very strong connections...so his inclusion is no surprise. Asad Shafiq was not sacked thank God! ...I think Kamran's aggressive opening will be missed in ODIs and T20s.

My ODI XI from this squad.

Hafeez
Afridi (unless Asad can open...)
Misbah
Yousuf
Asad
Umar
Razzaq
Haider
Gul
Akhtar
Ajmal

slowfinger

International Debutant
Pakistan squad: Imran Farhat, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Shoaib Akhtar, Tanveer Ahmed, Zulqarnain Haider (wk).

Pak Squad..........no captain announced yet again... :blink:
Akhtar to make test comeback? Is this a joke?