• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan in Kenya 2010

Ur support goes to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
ICC ODI Ranking:
13. Kenya
14. Afghanistan

Fixtures:
Intercontinental Cup:

Oct 2nd - 5th: Afghanistan v Kenya at Nairobi

ODI Series:
Oct 7th: 1st ODI - Afghanistan v Kenya at Nairobi

Oct 9th: 2nd ODI - Afghanistan v Kenya at Nairobi

Oct 11th: 3rd ODI - Afghanistan v Kenya at Nairobi

Squads:
Afghanistan: Nawroz Mangal (Capt), Karim Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Mirwais Ashraf, Mohammad Shahzad,Hamid Hassan, Samiullah Shinwari, Noor Ali Zadran, Asghar Stanikzai, Noor-ul-Haq, Abdullah Mazari, Jawed Ahmadi, Shahpoor Zadran, Izatullah Khan, Aftab Alan, Hashmat Shahidi, Afsar Zazai.

Kenya: Maurice Ouma (Capt & Wk), Seren Waters, David Obuya, Collins Obuya, Steve Tikolo, Rakep Patel, Jimmy Kamande, Ragheb Aga, Thomas Odoyo, Nehemiah Odhiambo, James Ngoche, Hiren Varaiya, Elijah Otieno.

Welcome to this tour friends...

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
3-0 Afghanistan, you would imagine.
I doubt it. Kenya at home will not be easy.

Tikolo and odoyo's combined age is probably about 80 now but whenever they are playing the team looks way more solid.

I'm tipping a 2-1 Kenya victory.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Afghanistan have been easily the best associate team in the last year, backing them to win 3-0.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Kenya's inclusion of Seren Waters, Ragheb Aga and the return of Steve Tikolo should definitely strengthen their team. However, Afghanistan off too a good start in the 4 day game. 98/1 at lunch. Shahzad is motoring along at a run a ball 58.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aga's finally been picked? Awesome. He'll dominate.
I wonder if the selectors have ever thought about having a talk to Jamie Dalrymple.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Aga's finally been picked? Awesome. He'll dominate.
I wonder if the selectors have ever thought about having a talk to Jamie Dalrymple.
I wonder what the rules are for this as he's already played for England. I think it's usually a 2 year wait between countries, but not entirely sure.

Kenya should also look at Mohammed Sheikh, as far as im aware, he is currently playing first grade cricket in Adelaide. Surprised not to see Tanmay Mishra in there considering he is back in Kenya.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder what the rules are for this as he's already played for England. I think it's usually a 2 year wait between countries, but not entirely sure.

Kenya should also look at Mohammed Sheikh, as far as im aware, he is currently playing first grade cricket in Adelaide. Surprised not to see Tanmay Mishra in there considering he is back in Kenya.
Four years I think, so he should be re-eligible again soon.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain

Its 4 years. But he can join Kenya for 2011 CWC if Kenya requests ICC. Is there any move of Kenya approaching any of the county cricketers? Like Ireland plans of Marchall & Joyce? Thats something Kenya should consider if they have to be competitive for the WC.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Its 4 years. But he can join Kenya for 2011 CWC if Kenya requests ICC. Is there any move of Kenya approaching any of the county cricketers? Like Ireland plans of Marchall & Joyce? Thats something Kenya should consider if they have to be competitive for the WC.
Are there any more eligible players outside of Waters, Aga, Dalrymple?