Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPNcricinfo World XI

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    See.. it is already happening.. Whatever Sehwag scores in SA won't count..
    No. It will count once he scores runs againts a full-strenght SA attack. Which i cannot see happening, given his career failures againts quality pace bowling on bowler friendly decks. Along with most worrying for him that fact that AUS kept him quiet in IND just recently with the @ the body short pitched bowling tactic on flat pitches.

On SA pitches with more bounce. Steyn & Morkel will be all over the weakness along with his age old weakness againts inswingers. ATS i dont see where is runs are going to come from againts a full strenght SA pace attack.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Essentially, the planets have to align. Sehwag has to hope a) S.African attack are all fit, b) they are firing and c) the pitch is lively.

So everybody else in the Indian team has to be bowled out cheaply with Sehwag scoring runs.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Essentially, the planets have to align. Sehwag has to hope a) S.African attack are all fit, b) they are firing and c) the pitch is lively.

So everybody else in the Indian team has to be bowled out cheaply with Sehwag scoring runs.
    He doesn't have to hope for anything. Just has to score runs againts the best SA attack possible & counquer his weakness that caused him to average 14 in the last series in SA 06/07. By doing that he would have conquered the SA challenge like other top batsman have done & would have proved his greatness. Failure similar to his 06/07 performance will prove my criticism of him all these years was justified.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    He doesn't have to hope for anything. Just has to score runs againts the best SA attack possible & counquer his weakness that caused him to average 14 in the last series in SA 06/07. By doing that he would have conquered the SA challenge like other top batsman have done & would have proved his greatness. Failure similar to his 06/07 performance will prove my criticism of him all these years was justified.
    Let me make it easy for you mate:

Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Post. of. the. year.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    LOL @ "Was it actually Virender Sehwag batting".

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Good post SS
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

LOL @ "Was it actually Virender Sehwag batting".
    Hahaha yeah.
    ~ Cribbage

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Actually, just looked it up, from 99 onwards he averaged 29 and struck at 51. Excellent SR but merely pretty good average. Having said that, his 99 year - especially the series against India - is the one that's really bad.
    Incidentally I did the analysis for Waqar's 9 year period from 1989 till 1989. He played 56 matches took 276 @ an average of 21.52 and a Strike Rate of 40.4. Quite phenomenal indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

. Good comedy.

The real joke will be when the series vs SA ends however, when as i expect he struggles. I shall save this post in my favourites links to throw it back in your face @ the end of the series.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

That flow chart is ****ing awesome.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Actually, just looked it up, from 99 onwards he averaged 29 and struck at 51. Excellent SR but merely pretty good average. Having said that, his 99 year - especially the series against India - is the one that's really bad.
    Yeah, but his wpm is just over 3.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    . Good comedy.

The real joke will be when the series vs SA ends however, when as i expect he struggles. I shall save this post in my favourites links to throw it back in your face @ the end of the series.
    So basically when he fails, i.e, criteria #1 on my flow chart, you will declare you were right i.e, what my flowchart says you will do as a result of criteria #1, and this, in your mind, will be throwing it in my face. Nice.

So basically when he fails, i.e, criteria #1 on my flow chart, you will declare you were right i.e, what my flowchart says you will do as a result of criteria #1, and this, in your mind, will be throwing it in my face. Nice.
    Nothing that joke flowchart states i will do. Thats just dull comedy.

If Sehwag fails they way i expect him to fail, by being technically exposed to @ the body short pitched bowling & inswingers. It will prove me right since that how other past quality quick bowlers have failed him in his career.

If he does well, especially once the full-strenght SA attack is available. I can make no excuses & will have to applaud him, since that will clearly show he would have corrected past faults.

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread Information