• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond or Steyn?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't differentiate between Tests and ODIs with that comment.

However, the main reason for this thread was to find out who (or is it whom?) people enjoyed watching more. Should have created a poll.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Both had huge potential. I'm not denying that Bond could have been one of the greatest bowlers of all-time, he sure could have been. But Steyn might actually be one of the greatest bowlers of all time, when he ends his career.
He will not be among the greatest bowlers in terms of stats as in southafrica fast bowlers are made to retire early.Also i will pick steyn over bond due to fitness,heart,outswing.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He will not be among the greatest bowlers in terms of stats as in southafrica fast bowlers are made to retire early.Also i will pick steyn over bond due to fitness,heart,outswing.
:huh: AD played until he was 34 and Polly played test cricket until he was 35. If Steyn goes that long he will end up with comfortably 400+ test wickets.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Tough comparison indeed, i guess i would go for Bond........fast, aggressive, in your face type...just has the personality to top it off with his killer bowling...

akilana

International 12th Man
Tough comparison indeed, i guess i would go for Bond........fast, aggressive, in your face type...just has the personality to top it off with his killer bowling...
Whatever you said is more true with Steyn than Bond, IMO.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Whatever you said is more true with Steyn than Bond, IMO.
Steyn is not half as aggressive looking as Bond. Steyn has the tendency to go up to the players and sledge or when he gets out spit on others...but not like Bond. Bond is a solid character.

akilana

International 12th Man
Steyn is not half as aggressive looking as Bond. Steyn has the tendency to go up to the players and sledge or when he gets out spit on others...but not like Bond. Bond is a solid character.
not true. Steyn's more aggressive, more in-your-face, better stamina, smoother actions etc. There was one incident where he spit in front of a player. You make it sound like he spat on lot of players.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
not true. Steyn's more aggressive, more in-your-face, better stamina, smoother actions etc. There was one incident where he spit in front of a player. You make it sound like he spat on lot of players.
Better stamina? Sure Bond got injured a lot, but his fitness was top notch.

Bond, IMO had one of the greatest actions of all time, unfortunately his body was unable to cope.

Faisal1985

:laugh:

He spat on Benn's arm as far as i remember.

Faisal1985

Better stamina? Sure Bond got injured a lot, but his fitness was top notch.

Bond, IMO had one of the greatest actions of all time, unfortunately his body was unable to cope.
This.

His aggression was more like "I own you mate" ....Steyn's aggression is more like "I spit on you bitch"

Difference in character for sure.

Briony

International Debutant
Steyn. So far he's proven to be more durable and he can bowl killer spells on Indian pitches.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Question to physiology experts on here : Was there anything inherently wrong with Bond's action or was he just unlucky to have chronic back problems? I always felt it was the latter.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Steyn is my choice. He has played more then Bond, bowls longer spells, performed everywhere, has consistent fast outswingers and is just a great bowler all around. Don't get me wrong though, Bond was an absolute gun.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Just read the first post...I enjoyed watching Shane Bond bowl for a lot of reasons..one of them being his last name :laugh: