• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn and Graeme Swann

Spark

Global Moderator
Swann will get towelled here. And he plainly chucks :ph34r:

Thought Steyn's tour here for SA was the best by a visiting paceman since the halcyon days of the Windies tbh. He was fantastic.

And Corrin's a ****.
The scary thing about Steyn on that tour is one got the feeling that he wasn't even at his best, and even then he was superb.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I just love watching Steyn bowl. The batsman know, the fielders know, everyone knows it's going to be a fast swinging delivery pitching on off. He simply executes it so well and keeps running through top orders. He has reduced fast bowling to it's most fundamental basics and is enjoying so much success.

WAG

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And if Swann passes the Ashes test (even if ENG lose) & bowling to those IND batsmen next summer in England. Talk of him being equal to Jim Laker or better than him, as England's greatest offie will have to be seriously considered.
If England's pacers do a good job, he doesn't have to average anything spectacular (like Warne did in Ashes 2005) to be very effective. Anything under 30 will be good enough if he steps up and bowls his team to victory in one or two Tests when the wicket starts wearing.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Swann all the way...this guy is a genius..and i have a feeling he is only starting to become a great..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can't help thinking that Swann must be every bit as mystified by his explosion onto the world cricket scene at about the age of 30 as the rest of us are. His emergence has been quite incredible. He's a seriously good bowler, a seriously good tailender and a seriously good - well, pretty good - fielder. WAG.
Yeah, if someone had've told told me three years ago that the best spinner in the world would be an Englishman and an orthodox off-spinner north of thirty to boot I'd have assumed a psychotic episode on their part.

Himannv

International Coach
Steyn is absolutely fantastic. Easily the best bowler in the world right now in tests. The others who can compete either have fitness issues or are cheats. :s

Swann looks a pretty good bowler IMO but I think he still has a few things left to prove.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The three clean bowleds Swann got on Wednesday night were fantastic. The guy is just so good to watch.

This time last year oeople were arguing Hauritz as a better bowler, just seems that after a meh Ashes he has gone from strength to strength

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I can't help thinking that Swann must be every bit as mystified by his explosion onto the world cricket scene at about the age of 30 as the rest of us are. His emergence has been quite incredible. He's a seriously good bowler, a seriously good tailender and a seriously good - well, pretty good - fielder. WAG.
Especially when you consider that his FC bowling average is decent rather than wonderful.

I like the fact that he really tries to bowl the batsman with every delivery. Most unusual for an offy.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
The three clean bowleds Swann got on Wednesday night were fantastic. The guy is just so good to watch.

This time last year oeople were arguing Hauritz as a better bowler, just seems that after a meh Ashes he has gone from strength to strength
I remember Shane Warne saying that he rated them about equal last summer.

Needles to say he has gone a bit quiet on that subject since.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
In truth I'm blown away by Swann. I refuse to believe that even the selectors envisged he'd be this good. Some of the wickets he takes are brilliant, just brilliant. The ones against Pakistan's lefties when the ball drifted in at pace then ripped back onto the stumps. I have never seen better from a conventional offy....ever.

His batting has dipped recently but he his pretty fearless at the crease, willing to play any shot he deems fit at any time. He will score a test century sooner or later.

I even find myself almost believing he can have an impact in Australia, despite the poor showing of finger spin there in my lifetime and no doubt before. Heart v Mind.

pasag

RTDAS
9/10 chance Aussie players won't know he's improved unless it gets a bit of media attention here.