• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India Thread

masterblaster

International Captain
I thought that with the New Zealand in India series starting relatively soon, we'd start the 'pre series' hype.

With Bond injured and with Tendulkar and Sehwag fit and roaring for India, and with Harbhajan's spinning finger fully recovered will New Zealand pose a serious threat to India??

The Irani and Challenger Trophies start soon which will decide India's squad for the October Games.

The Wicketkeeper debate will no doubt start again, with Thilak Naidu, Parthiv Patel and Ajay Ratra all in contention.

Keep the posts coming people's!!

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I think I have doubt that Patel will get the role as 'keeper although I predict Ratra will get the number 2 role.

masterblaster

International Captain
Thilak Naidu is another hot contender for gloveman. He is very much a capable FC batsman, and has a good technique. He is decent with the gloves as well.

V Reddy

International Debutant
He is from Karnataka. It mostly depends on the Challenger and the Irany trophy on who will be picked.

Last edited:

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
hmm..this tour will be very interesting....

amongst the number of people who are not given enough credit is ganguly as a batsman, there were many who were surprised to see ganguly reach certain multiples of 1000 fatser than tendulkar.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol the test series doesn't start till November 2nd or something, but I think this will be one of the best test & ODI series of the year so fair enough.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
yeah i thought that as well, but a *OFFICIAL* thingy is a official thingy so i left it....but Nov.2 is quite far away almost as far away as my first GCSE Module exam

So, whos the favourites according to people on here[ no bias ]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
gibbsnsmith said:
So, whos the favourites according to people on here[ no bias ]
"India" and "no bias" don't have too good a history on here :)

Personally I think that India should cruise it as the Kiwi attack seems like it will be impotent on Indian tracks without Shane Bond, and India have their best pace attack of my lifetime.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah i'm with Neil. NZ without Shane Bond is like....er...NZ without Shane Bond. They won't be as good. India will be challenged though.:P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
gibbsnsmith said:
what do u mean about india and no bias
Look back through the forums to the NatWest Series 2002 or the build-up to the World Cup where India are built up as the best team in the world, ever, full stop. It's where the AAAS sprung from.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
lol the test series doesn't start till November 2nd or something, but I think this will be one of the best test & ODI series of the year so fair enough.
It'll have to go some to beat that one we've just had to be honest.

There was some superb cricket played and more than one match swung both ways!

anzac

International Debutant
India would have to be raging hot favorites.......player v player they just about out point NZ in every dept & are on 'Home' turf (a BIIIG difference to when India are 'Away')!!!

without Bond the Indian seam attack will probably have more 'pace' than the Black Caps, as neither Tuffey nor Oram are 'quick'.

:(

just wait for the 'terrace element' to start up ........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah india home and away are two different teams. they are so confident on home turf.8D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah you're right there...Butler will be NZ's quickest bowler by far.

Tuffey, Oram & Mason are all around 135 k's.

And on paper India should win this series 2-0.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Look back through the forums to the NatWest Series 2002 or the build-up to the World Cup where India are built up as the best team in the world, ever, full stop. It's where the AAAS sprung from.
It was fun :lol: :lol: . Tim, the series starts on 8th Oct and not 2nd Nov. NZ play their first 1st class match against Board President's XI on 26 Sep.