Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in India Thread

State Regular
    Nothing against NZ, but i think Kiwis won't be able to perform that effectively as they did in NZ against India while playing on Indian pitches, also Bond will be missed badly.
    ------------------------------------

Tim
    well there's no doubt about that.

Even NZ struggled to bat on those pitches in Wellington & Hamilton.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Choora
    Yeah and the same rating had Australia behind SA in test cricket a few months back, so much so for that rating.
    Actually the ratings are nothing like each other. The ODI one has always been based on an "average" method.

The ICC realised the Test one wasn't working (and it never would until all teams play all) so changed it.

Right now Indian OD team is much stronger than the English one and if they do play against each other, then the results won't be much different than the previous ones!
    I wouldn't be so sure about the new England side - a lot of changes from the one that played the World Cup...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

State Regular
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Actually the ratings are nothing like each other. The ODI one has always been based on an "average" method.

The ICC realised the Test one wasn't working (and it never would until all teams play all) so changed it.

Neither is the oneday rating working, Indian cricket Board's chief, its captain and all the players have actually rejected the ranking.And the joke is that if Pakistan beats Bang 5-0 in the OD series they will move ahead India!

State Regular

I wouldn't be so sure about the new England side - a lot of changes from the one that played the World Cup...
    I know that, but i still think Indian OD team is much better than England's present team.Infact i would say that if there is a team that is better than India then its only and only Australia right now( and i'm strickly talking about Onedayers only)

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Neither is the oneday rating working, Indian cricket Board's chief, its captain and all the players have actually rejected the ranking.
    Yes, and that's only because they're not ranked too highly at the moment.

To be honest it doesn't matter whether they accept them or reject them, because they are the Official Rankings!

(I notice no other side has complained about them, so they must be fairly accurate in most sides opinions)

And the joke is that if Pakistan beats Bang 5-0 in the OD series they will move ahead India!
    Seeing as they are already ahead of them, I don't see the relevance of 5-0 vs. Bangladesh moving them ahead?

India defeated England in England and later thrashed England in the WC, infact India was WC finalist, while England had an early ride home as was one of our prediction:P

Right now Indian OD team is much stronger than the English one and if they do play against each other, then the results won't be much different than the previous ones!
    As usual India suffer in the rankings because of their inconsistency. India on their day are maybe the second best one day side in the world, but on a day-in-day-out basis across a period of 1-2 years, India recieve the ranking they deserve, which at the moment is 8th.

It's worth remembering though that everyone from England in 3rd down to India are very close together, and a couple of series between these teams can change everything.

Overall it wouldn't be unfair to suggest England, New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India are all about the same.
    Last edited by Bazza; 12-09-2003 at 05:01 AM.
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Agree with you there Baz.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Originally posted by Tim
    well there's no doubt about that.

Even NZ struggled to bat on those pitches in Wellington & Hamilton.
    Bearing in mind that they were seamer friendly green tops and the pitches in India will probably be dead lifeless wickets or those that turn, so I dont see how that comment has any relevance.

New Zealand have proven they can win without Shane Bond and everybody is forgetting they won the Bank Alafah Tournament with pretty much without Bond.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Does anyone remember New Zealands tour of India in 1999??

Oh it was absolute slaugher, a joy to watch.

Tendulkar 186 in a ODI, Dravid 154, put together a 300 + ODI partnership. Poor Nash, Cairns, O'Connor, Vettori were absolutely slaughtered.

Stephen Fleming was totally resigned and battered into submission.

Oh,

I love Indian Cricket!

State Regular
    Yes, and that's only because they're not ranked too highly at the moment.

To be honest it doesn't matter whether they accept them or reject them, because they are the Official Rankings!

(I notice no other side has complained about them, so they must be fairly accurate in most sides opinions)

Oh no dear its not so simple, regardless of what the official ranking would say, if India is to take on England today in a OD match, India would be the fav's to win it (this is omething you cannot deny).

Also the test ranking which placed SA at the top ahead of Australia was criticised only by one country, i.e Australia.If one go by ur bizzare theory then that ranking was also accurate!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Oh no dear its not so simple, regardless of what the official ranking would say, if India is to take on England today in a OD match, India would be the fav's to win it (this is omething you cannot deny).
    Agreed that they would be favourites, but that does not guarantee that they would win. India IMO are a hot-cold team.

Also the test ranking which placed SA at the top ahead of Australia was criticised only by one country, i.e Australia.If one go by ur bizzare theory then that ranking was also accurate!
    Yes it was. According to that rankings system which happened to be the Official system, it was accurate. Therefore, this does not hurt Marc's bizzare theory in any way.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

State Regular
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Agreed that they would be favourites, but that does not guarantee that they would win. India IMO are a hot-cold team.

What is that suppose to mean?? No one can guaratee a win for a team in OD match.The whole point of bringing in the subject of "fav's" was to point out as to which team is currently regarded as more strong!

State Regular
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk

Yes it was. According to that rankings system which happened to be the Official system, it was accurate. Therefore, this does not hurt Marc's bizzare theory in any way.
    Thats funny, Marc previously said that that test ranking wasn't woring so the ICC changed it later!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Thats funny, Marc previously said that that test ranking wasn't woring so the ICC changed it later!
    Perhaps you should have a re-read of my point. I didn't say whether Marc backed the system or not. I said that Marc said
    This is the same with the Test rankings. Whether we agree or not, the fact is that they are the Official rankings. Personally I think such rankings are irrelevant.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information