• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many nations do you prefer for the 2015 WC?

How many teams for 2015 CWC?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
After ICC's drastic decision of reducing the 2015 CWC teams to 10. What's your opinion on it and why?

NOTE: PLS DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR VOTE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Prefer 14 teams split into 2 groups. Should proceed to the knock out stages straight after the league games. Something that is simple. Screw the Super 6s, 8s whatever.

Shri

Mr. Glass
in 3 groups, to make myself clear. One team gets auto-promotion to the super 5 stage, but it isn't revealed which team until all group matches are finished with.
You are starting to have hallucinations after running the draft tbh. You are supporting too many random shiz.:p

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You are starting to have hallucinations after running the draft tbh. You are supporting too many random shiz.:p
I guess you don't want to hear about the random retrospective nomination of one of the group matches as the Final, after the semifinals are finished. :ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain
I'd have had 15, in three groups, the top two from each to go through to the Super Sixes. Each side would play four group games which wouldn't overstretch the 'minows.'

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'd much rather see the minnows rock up to the t20wc. Much more likely to pull off a surprise win and keep it interesting.

However a 10-nation cwc will sorta make the Champions Trophy somewhat pointless as it'll make it essentially the same concept.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd like to see how 14 works before I decide.

I do think the minnows can't win sometimes tho; if the 8 major test nations make the Super 8s some folk complain the group stages are glorified warm ups and if, like last time, they have the temerity to beat some of the major nations others moan it leaves too many meaningless games.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Have 14, split into two groups, and have quarters, semis finals etc from there? Or maybe have one qualified 'minnow' guaranteed to go through to be a bit fair plox?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Absolutely pointless calling it a "World Cup" if you're not going to give Associates the chance to participate.

This format looks like it might be decent. Gives everyone a decent number of guaranteed games without an overly long Super Phase.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like to return to the format of 12 sides that existed in 1996. Bangladesh is making real progress, and Zimbabwean cricket appears to have been resuscitated in the past 2 years somewhat. That leaves two spots for genuine associate nations, which I think is about right given Afghanistan's astonishing progress and Ireland's continued production of decent cricketers.

gvenkat

State Captain
I would not want anything more than 10 nations. The ten Test nations that and each one playing the other in a round robin fashion. with the top three qualifying for the semi-finals direct and I would have a play off between the 4th vs 5th to decide the Other Semi-finals spot.

With people whining about associated I can live with this format

12 teams
10 Test teams and Two Associates.
Two groups of six each, A total of 30 league games.
Top four from each group qualify for super eights and That would constitute 16 Super eight games.
The top 4 from the super eights qualify for the semis.

Anything more the WC will be diluted. We did see how Ireland and Bangladesh Stunk up the place after just one upset in the 2007 WC, And I would not give two points for a team for a forfeit, Instead I would give them one point and dock the whiners another point, that way We can prevent teams like Kenya, etc. going to the semis n a free ride..