• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

Flem274*

123/5
Yes, I am a biased CD ****, and Howsie is a biased fast bowling ****, but even Bahnz rates the kid ffs, so he must be good.

Anyway, Adam Milne is an eighteen year old genuinely fast bowler from Central Districts who just had the Warriors ****ting themselves. Promising for NZ imo.

Flem274*

123/5
Shane Bond is CD's bowling coach. Hope he stays for a few years tbh, because we have quite a few quick guys around. Bevan Small is no slouch, though he's more of an early 140s bowler.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I remember when Matthew Bell picked him out as being something a bit of the ordinary in terms of his pace. Hugely exciting prospect. That last over was wonderful, he was just beating the yarpie batsmen for pace with every ball, and was a tad unlucky not to get a couple more tbh. Haven't really seen him swing it much yet, but the length he's been bowling so far has kind of been too short for him to have much chance. At this current age he can probably only keep up that kind of pace for short concentrated bursts. But if he stays fit (huge if), we may have a genuine greyhound ready for the 2015 world cup.

Flem274*

123/5
What was interesting was Coach Bond estimated Milne and McClenaghan were around the same pace.

Now McClenaghan is obviously coming off a big injury, and he has a lot of improvement left to make in his bowling (imo Milne is further along already, and the results are showing it), but geez, having a left and right arm genuine pace attack with Mason's domestic ability and Bracewell's reverse swing could be great fun if it all clicks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Now McClenaghan is obviously coming off a big injury, and he has a lot of improvement left to make in his bowling (imo Milne is further along already, and the results are showing it), but geez, having a left and right arm genuine pace attack with Mason's domestic ability and Bracewell's reverse swing could be great fun if it all clicks.
It was a pity that Bracewell got it so wrong today, as he looked a talent in the first game. Hope his confidence doesn't take too much of a knocking.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh noes. NZ world beating awesomeness teenager #107 (as mentioned on CW) in the past 5 years. Forget Pakistan's spot fixing, NZ's incredible talent is the thing that will devastate cricket. Watching their reserve reserve sides utterly decimate every other nation making the game a procession will kill cricket as a spectator sport.

How is anyone else supposed to take these things seriously when there's so much ridiculous rhetoric? The guy got pummelled when you'd have thought he took 3 wickets whilst every other ball was a play and miss going by posts made above.

Hopefully he will turn out to be a good fast bowler, but there needs to be some objectivity here.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Milne to break down with a stress fracture in his back at age 20, after a busy offseason bowling at indoor nets...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but apparently ECB guidelines say that fast bowlers should hardly ever bowl on indoor surfaces because they are so hard.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but apparently ECB guidelines say that fast bowlers should hardly ever bowl on indoor surfaces because they are so hard.
Probably good guidelines too - it's just that the NZ cricket fraternity carry on with it regardless.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember that it shocked me; I'm starting to think that perhaps it said 'never' when talking about bowling indoors. It is interesting because I never clocked it as something particularly dangerous.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully Bond is using his experience of spending years on the sideline to inform him about what does and doesn't work in terms of staying fit to guide him. Milne has already had a serious shoulder injury last year, so I'm already well prepared for when it all goes wrong.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I am a biased CD ****, and Howsie is a biased fast bowling ****, but even Bahnz rates the kid ffs, so he must be good.

Anyway, Adam Milne is an eighteen year old genuinely fast bowler from Central Districts who just had the Warriors ****ting themselves. Promising for NZ imo.
Presumably this part is a piss take as it took the Warriors all of 5 balls to put the kid onto the roof.