• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

Flem274*

123/5
An 18 year old bowling 90mph is pretty out of the ordinary you'd think.
Apart from Aamer, whose age could be debateable, can't think of too many others. Ishant Sharma was pretty quick at 19 as well. How fast was Josh Hazelwood at 18 again? Pretty sure he was pretty nippy.

Craig

World Traveller
Cant believe theres a thread about a guy who bowled 90 mph in one over of a t20 and did nothing else.
I don't know if you have read any of his posts, but if you ever get a spare 10 minutes, go look up some of the posts by WindieWeathers, such gems include dropping Chanderpaul for Daren "the next Brian Lara" Bravo, and Adrian Barath >>>>>>>>>>>>> Phil Hughes. Also in his views, Steve Smith is a hack.

So in summary this amatuer hour by Flem.

Polo23

International Debutant
Apart from Aamer, whose age could be debateable, can't think of too many others. Ishant Sharma was pretty quick at 19 as well. How fast was Josh Hazelwood at 18 again? Pretty sure he was pretty nippy.
Remember watching Hazlewood bowl over here in some bs T20 thing that was on TV. Not entirely sure how old he was then, it was maybe a couple of years ago but he was bowling low 130's at his quickest...obviously he's become a lot sharper since then so i'd expect Milne to get slightly quicker too.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Milne will get that much quicker, though I do hope he'll be able to sustain the kind of pace he showed yesterday for long spells. He'd been bowling in the 135-142 bracket up until that point, which I think is his natural pace at his current age. In that last over, How obviously told him to put his shoulder into it and just see what happened.

As for the pace of teenagers, I remember a happy few at the U19 WC last year who were getting it through intermittently in the low 140's, so Milne's not unusual in that respect.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Someone care to tell me what this last over was like? People are saying the batsmen were put off their game a little - due to extra pace, movement, placement or what?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Someone care to tell me what this last over was like? People are saying the batsmen were put off their game a little - due to extra pace, movement, placement or what?
Yep, in the last over Milne bowled faster (143-146), and the Batsman started looking hurried and unsure. Lots of miscues and wild swipes and plays and misses. There wasn't too much different too his bowling, he was still probably a bit too short tbh, but the extra pace meant the aggressive stroke play that the Warriors had played up to that point was more risky and difficult.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bothers me too. Doesn't look the best if you wanted to avoid injury.

I seriously hope injuries don't destroy him. Seems to destroy every other promising bowler we get.
Hopefully Bond is using his experience of spending years on the sideline to inform him about what does and doesn't work in terms of staying fit to guide him. Milne has already had a serious shoulder injury last year, so I'm already well prepared for when it all goes wrong.
Yeah I didn't want to say what you said irottev but it what I was thinking. He looks like he will develop shoulder problems. So Bahnz's post here caught my eye that he has already had them.
I like the rest of Bahnz's post that maybe with Bond's influence he can smooth out his action and stay healthy.
Lets hope so.

Langeveldt

Soutie
As much as I'd like NZ to have found a decent young fast bowler, I wasn't very excited by this guy.. I was at the ground, and if the speed gun was telling everyone he bowled 145ks, well the last time Dale Steyn came to PE, he must have been bowling about 245..

irottev

U19 Cricketer
As much as I'd like NZ to have found a decent young fast bowler, I wasn't very excited by this guy.. I was at the ground, and if the speed gun was telling everyone he bowled 145ks, well the last time Dale Steyn came to PE, he must have been bowling about 245..
Looked 145 from TV tbh...SPeed gun can't have been that much off. It got the rest of the pacers about right.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah he looks ok but I think a young Tim Southee looked more promising then him hope he develops a good fast bowler is still the best site in cricket.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Milne is much quicker than Southee was at that age. Southee admittedly had more control.

Flem274*

123/5
I think I'll make the trip to Wellington just to see him bowl with a Wellington gale at his back tbh. If he gets as much of a boost as McKay and Gillespie reportedly do, that will be some funny **** right there. Bye bye Bell.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Milne is much quicker than Southee was at that age. Southee admittedly had more control.
Southee had a Botham-esque shape on the ball when I first saw him in an U-19 world cup.A good swing bowler> A good quick bowler imo.

Flem274*

123/5
If Milne gets seam movement though he'd be pretty dangerous, and like Milne, Southee is still pretty one dimensional. If the conditions aren't in Southee's favour he struggles.

Though we haven't seen Milne pitch it up yet. Might well get some swing. And after bowling on roads like Napier I'm sure he'd enjoy a helpful pitch or two once he starts playing FC cricket regularly and bowls away from home.

Howsie

International Captain
Tim Southee is a once and a generation type bowler tbh, comparing young bowlers to him at the same stage of there careers isn't going to tell you much. I can't imagine we will see another young bowler like Southee in this country for quite some time.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Tim Southee is a once and a generation type bowler tbh, comparing young bowlers to him at the same stage of there careers isn't going to tell you much. I can't imagine we will see another young bowler like Southee in this country for quite some time.
What is it that Southee has got that you hold in such high regard? You're confident that he will fulfill this promise?