• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

I'll say one thing for him. The man had guts. He waltzed into tour threads and would say his piece and damn the torpedos. Havn't seen the likes of it since.
African American please. Have you seen the depth charges circling me? Torpedoes aint nuthin'.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
African American please. Have you seen the depth charges circling me? Torpedoes aint nuthin'.
When you do business in Canada there a lot of expressions like Damn the torpedos. The conversation will go thus:

Management says it is full steam ahead at this point, we have to implement as best we can and Damn the torpedos.
Well if its a case of Damn the torpedos then I had better let Mark know
Yes and I will give Sally my manager an update as well.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If I get a chance to marketing something I will use Damn the torpedoes. Has a great ring to it.

"you want to damn the torpedoes drink coca cola"

Anyway, agree with those saying Milne's definitely shown that he deserves a place in our first choice XI. He's probably been our second best ODI pacer in the last year:

Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Admittedly he did get to skip the gonzo ODI series in England - having said that I think that was a series were we desperately missed his ability to tuck batsmen up and induce unforced errors.
Lovely work Bahnz.

I think we all appreciate Adam Milne's economy rates, but that comparative table really puts how impressive he has been by not giving away free runs.

Batsmen focus on not losing their wicket to him in his early spells, meaning his economy rate triumphs even if the wicket tally is more mediocre. But ODI cricket is an Economy and Strike rate game meaning Milne (and New Zealand) is the winner.

Last edited: