Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sahin Tendulkar: Time stands frozen

Icon14 Sahin Tendulkar: Time stands frozen

When Sachin Tendulkar travelled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam. When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to "open" the Nehru'vian economy. It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    fart
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    And Cribb was mooning after girls his own age.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by angad View Post
    When Sachin Tendulkar travelled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam. When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to "open" the Nehru'vian economy. It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will.

Everybody might have heard this a million times over but I still find it pretty amazing.

I think they meant Rafael Nadal, not Roger Federer.

Must have been a typo.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

vcs
    **** off, keep your Nadal love in the tennis thread.

Haha I love how it's slowly infiltrating CC.

Off Topic is next

vcs
    Am seriously considering turning off avatars to avoid seeing yours TBH.

Banned
    Thanks I think we've seen this before.

No Sachin love s too love.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    What will we Indians do when he retires?
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Have seen this so many times. I like it, and I agree with everything except the last sentence.

Sachin is a champion, and a legend. He's not something even beyond the reach of those two words (yes I know those words are overused, and shouldn't be...still). He's not God. He is a human being, an extraordinary one. A true champion, a true legend. I hate this practice of calling him a God or something. To me, if you're calling him God, you're not appreciating him; and you are not realizing what an extraordinary achiever he's (and how). If you're calling him God, you have no idea what it takes to achieve what he has, and still remained what he has. If you're too busy worshipping him, you're missing some of the finer observations.

And this is coming from someone who claims to be his biggest fan in CW (among the sane ones, of course).
    Last edited by weldone; 18-09-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I think they meant Rafael Nadal, not Roger Federer.

Must have been a typo.
    Given that Nadal is still virtually unknown that would have been a bit pointless

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by got_spin View Post
    fart

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information