View Poll Results: Should Pollard play tests?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 30.43%
  • No

16 69.57%
  • Can't say

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keiron Pollard for Tests?

Banned

Keiron Pollard for Tests?

Opine please

Is he good enough? Yeah, I think so.

Has he done enough? Nah.

With a full strength line-up, I don't think that there's room for him in the slightest, and you've also got Deonarine, Marlon Samuels (when he returns) ahead of him, and maybe others that I've forgotten.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Hmm the more I think about this the more I reckon he could be an option as something of an impact player. Of course when you think about how frail their middle order can be it might not be the best option.

Could work out to be a lesser version of Dwayne Bravo in Tests.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Currently he is prefect for T20 cricket. And if he can work on his technique a little more and learn how to rotate the strike a bit better then I feel he can be a really really good ODI player as well. But test cricket... no way...absolutely no way. His technique just isn't good enough. If you see how he defends against spinners its.. quite hard to believe,lol. But I suppose with the kind of test team WI currently have.. I doubt he could do much worse then any of there other players.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    What Jack said. Reckon he has the talent, but still has to earn his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Not atm.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    What Jack said but I think its worth punting from the Windies PoV...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

^ Yeah that's my gut reaction.

I'd take the punt. It could pay big dividends.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    IMHO, he has the potential, but until he plays some domestic four-day cricket for Trinidad, we won't know for sure....

This year, he missed the entire four-day domestic season for Trinidad, because he was playing Big Bash 20/20 cricket in Australia.

So, I believe he should stick to this format, until he can show us his has what it takes to bat in the longest form of the game. Hell, on these performances, I would even let him back into the ODI side, with the hope that he can improve his stats in the 50-overs format.

But one step at a time, I think....

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Talent is certainly there. He can play a handy role in tests in this weak Windies line up.
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Problem is in the roots - Windies board certainly is unable to manage the players well hence talent looks elsewhere.

Corey Collymore took the Kolpak route at the age of 30. Sort it out first and then players will stay!

If he learns to bat longer than 5 balls without trying to hit it out of the park. Just dont think his defense is anywhere near good enough tbh but I guess he doesn't have a lot of competition, Id pick Brathwaite over him from what Ive seen but thats off topic.

No. He's alright in bish bash bosh cricket but he doesn't have the temperament, defence nor the grit to play at test level as things stand. And his bowling would ge t him nowhere.

Its possible in the future he could develop himself into a more rounded cricketer but for now keep him away from Tests at all costs.

Yes. He has something special about him. THe West Indies need a player like that to inspire. Also the West Indies don't have disposable talent. He should be wanted everywhere if they want to have a better chance. He might fail in 4/5 games, but he'll give them the chance to cause upsets as he's a player with some x factor.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    At this moment in time Pollard should be nowhere near the Test side. His ability is exciting, but he has not played a first-class match for nearly 18 months! I'm a big fan of Pollard, but he needs to play much more four-day cricket, and he needs to commit to this format. Unfortunately he does not seem too interested, Test cricket is tough, both technically and mentally, and he needs to show he's willing to sacrifice a few quid to give proper cricket a real go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information