• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

League's, Championship, More teams.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
An international t20 league sounds stupid to me, keep it to exhibition games and domestic leagues. Test championship is good news

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They're not planning a league for T20 - just a ranking table a bit like the current one's in the other forms.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This test championship sounds better than martin crowes - annual 8 team knockout event - every 4 years so that it is meaningful sounds great. I don;t want the playoff to be a one test affair. Should be best out of three.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
A Test Championship with a well-defined format and a good prize money is duly awaited and will be appreciated.

But no point in having championships in other formats. ODI World Cup is a super event. And T20 world cups should serve the purpose for those who care :dry:

slugger

State Vice-Captain
re: test championship. I have my resavations about the concept, if its not evenly and fairly run with all teams being treated equally, its sham!! totally set up for just the 4 big teams (money wise) aust, eng, ind and SA.

howardj

International Coach
I like the Test Championship idea.

Not so much that it is necessarily an indicator as to who the best Test team is, but just the fact that Boards are making future commitments to Test cricket, and that this is something the Test calendar can be structured around. It will mean that teams have to play a minimum number of Tests per year.

My big fear is that Test cricket dwindles and fades out. Not because it’s not a viable or great form of the game, but rather because not enough Boards and players really care about it. It won't fade out or die tomorrow of course, but in 10 or 15 years time.

I can honestly say I will pretty much stop following cricket if there are few or no Test matches.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
If the ICC confirms 10 Test playing nations only WC, then I wont be watching even a single match from that WC onwards until our NTP nations have a chance. Seriously wats the difference between Champions trophy n World Cup then? I want all members to make similar decision - LETS NOT WATCH 10 TEST PLAYING NATIONS CIRCUS.