• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andre Adams?

GGG

State Captain
Whats the story, any chance of him playing internationals again? He is cleaning up once again for Notts, leading the wicket count with 64 wickets at a average of 22. I find it strange that he has only played one test and got 6 wickets in that game.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I wouldn't expect him to get selected at 35 and i think he had off field issues when at NZ didn't he?

Woodster

International Captain
Still proving a more than useful player at Notts, his brisk and generally accurate medium pace accompanied by his ability to know which end of the bat to hold, means he is still an integral part of a side with genuine aspirations of winning the County Championship.

However, I agree that at 35 it is unlikely that NZ will turn back to him in what would interpreted as a backward step.

Julian87

State Captain
Should have been captain of New Zealand for the past 6 years. Best seam bowler there by a mile.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Andre Adams probably wouldn't have been much chop outside of greentops tbh.
:huh:

Either bag NZ's domestic batsmen for being flat track bullies, or dismiss NZ seamers for only bowling well on green tops.

You can't have it both ways.

Flem274*

123/5
:huh:

Either bag NZ's domestic batsmen for being flat track bullies, or dismiss NZ seamers for only bowling well on green tops.

You can't have it both ways.
When do I bag all our batsmen for being flat track bullies?:huh: I spend half of my life defending CD batsmen.

I was saying he'd probably be a bowler who'd struggle outside of favourable conditions in test cricket ftr. I don't discount what he's done up in Auckland which is a bit flat and he's bowled very well there.

The test sample size is a bit small (understatement if there ever was one) but watching him I've felt that while a decent bowler, his phenomenal wicket taking wouldn't cross over to test cricket unless he had conditions in his favour.

Greentop was probably a bit harsh though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
When do I bag all our batsmen for being flat track bullies?:huh: I spend half of my life defending CD batsmen.

I was saying he'd probably be a bowler who'd struggle outside of favourable conditions in test cricket ftr.
He's a ****ing attrocious ODI bowler as well, tbh. A genuine domestic bully if there ever was one.

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
Adams wont play for New Zealand again, too old andf too many issues with the NZC, if only he was handled better nearly a decade ago.

GGG

State Captain
Agree he isn't a ODI bowler, but a it rough calling him a domestic bully considering he has only played one test and got 6/105 in that game.

As for age, why does it matter as long as he is doing his job.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh he probably was *slightly* hard done by. Started off pretty well in ODIs but then sort of tailed off. Got another go in 06/07 iirc? And sucked.

Overall he probably wasn't much better or worse than the other fringe bowlers we've used over the last decade, he was just a bit different- a shorter guy, at his best a bit quicker than the other options, and not quite as accurate.

tbh I must say it surprises me how well he does at domestic level as at international level he hasn't looked much more than adequate. A bit of a shame he didn't get more of a go, but no great loss.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's a ****ing attrocious ODI bowler as well, tbh. A genuine domestic bully if there ever was one.
He was never that great in domestic OD cricket though; First Class cricket has always been his forte and it's a disgrace that he was never even given a chance to prove himself at that level, especially given how he performed in one Test (admittedly in a very low scoring game).

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Adams got shafted a bit by the selectors at some stage. I rated him but sadly I think his days are well over. I think he might live in England now. No chance at selection.

Julian87

State Captain
He was never that great in domestic OD cricket though; First Class cricket has always been his forte and it's a disgrace that he was never even given a chance to prove himself at that level, especially given how he performed in one Test (admittedly in a very low scoring game).
Yep.

The whole 'handling international level' based on a completely different format is so ****ing ********.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah its not like NZL had an attack of Bond,Cairns,Hadlee when he's been around deserved a go over the likes of Gillispie,Franklin,Mason and dare I say even Martin.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's playing for Notts as a local, isn't he? On a Kolpak thanks to his West Indian antecedents. He'd have to give that away to even be eligible for a recall.