Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andre Adams?

GGG

Andre Adams?

Whats the story, any chance of him playing internationals again? He is cleaning up once again for Notts, leading the wicket count with 64 wickets at a average of 22. I find it strange that he has only played one test and got 6 wickets in that game.

I wouldn't expect him to get selected at 35 and i think he had off field issues when at NZ didn't he?

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Still proving a more than useful player at Notts, his brisk and generally accurate medium pace accompanied by his ability to know which end of the bat to hold, means he is still an integral part of a side with genuine aspirations of winning the County Championship.

However, I agree that at 35 it is unlikely that NZ will turn back to him in what would interpreted as a backward step.

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Should have been captain of New Zealand for the past 6 years. Best seam bowler there by a mile.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Andre Adams probably wouldn't have been much chop outside of greentops tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Andre Adams probably wouldn't have been much chop outside of greentops tbh.

Either bag NZ's domestic batsmen for being flat track bullies, or dismiss NZ seamers for only bowling well on green tops.

You can't have it both ways.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGS View Post

Either bag NZ's domestic batsmen for being flat track bullies, or dismiss NZ seamers for only bowling well on green tops.

You can't have it both ways.
    When do I bag all our batsmen for being flat track bullies? I spend half of my life defending CD batsmen.

I was saying he'd probably be a bowler who'd struggle outside of favourable conditions in test cricket ftr. I don't discount what he's done up in Auckland which is a bit flat and he's bowled very well there.

The test sample size is a bit small (understatement if there ever was one) but watching him I've felt that while a decent bowler, his phenomenal wicket taking wouldn't cross over to test cricket unless he had conditions in his favour.

Greentop was probably a bit harsh though.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    When do I bag all our batsmen for being flat track bullies? I spend half of my life defending CD batsmen.

I was saying he'd probably be a bowler who'd struggle outside of favourable conditions in test cricket ftr.
    He's a ****ing attrocious ODI bowler as well, tbh. A genuine domestic bully if there ever was one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Adams wont play for New Zealand again, too old andf too many issues with the NZC, if only he was handled better nearly a decade ago.

GGG
    Agree he isn't a ODI bowler, but a it rough calling him a domestic bully considering he has only played one test and got 6/105 in that game.

As for age, why does it matter as long as he is doing his job.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    tbh he probably was *slightly* hard done by. Started off pretty well in ODIs but then sort of tailed off. Got another go in 06/07 iirc? And sucked.

Overall he probably wasn't much better or worse than the other fringe bowlers we've used over the last decade, he was just a bit different- a shorter guy, at his best a bit quicker than the other options, and not quite as accurate.

tbh I must say it surprises me how well he does at domestic level as at international level he hasn't looked much more than adequate. A bit of a shame he didn't get more of a go, but no great loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    He's a ****ing attrocious ODI bowler as well, tbh. A genuine domestic bully if there ever was one.
    He was never that great in domestic OD cricket though; First Class cricket has always been his forte and it's a disgrace that he was never even given a chance to prove himself at that level, especially given how he performed in one Test (admittedly in a very low scoring game).
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Adams got shafted a bit by the selectors at some stage. I rated him but sadly I think his days are well over. I think he might live in England now. No chance at selection.

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He was never that great in domestic OD cricket though; First Class cricket has always been his forte and it's a disgrace that he was never even given a chance to prove himself at that level, especially given how he performed in one Test (admittedly in a very low scoring game).
    Yep.

The whole 'handling international level' based on a completely different format is so ****ing ********.

Couldn't have been any worse than Chris Martin surely?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information