• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will it be canadas" last world cup

brockley

International Captain
Thew side is bottom of the icc continental cup,barnett,billcliff and davidson playing hardly at all,the latter 2 the main batsmen will probably not play for canada again.
That leaves bagai and cheema to carry the side.
With kenya on the slide,canada not been competitive since the associate cup.
When billcliff goes and so does davo is that the end of canada with the associates,and down to division associates 2 or 3.
Will usa replace them and kenya as the next associate along with afghanistan to play the world cup in 2015.
Holland should still have depth by then.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ok fellas - jokes and nationalism aside - it would be good for world cricket if North America actually had a team that was competitive with Bangers. They could host tours from A teams and participate in 20/20 tri-series hosted in the States. Cricket would love to get a foothold in the states and having a stronger team for the locals to root for would be helpful. It would also be better for the cricketers in that region. If they made the North American team they would be part of a stronger more competitive side and as a result see more international exposure.

It is true that I would rather slit my wrists than see NZ combined with Aussie in cricket. But I don't think that is a fair comparison.

Canada and the US are both not good enough to play tests and never will be. By combining they have a glimmer of hope of making the standard. Not much of a hope. But a glimmer.

I used to live in Canada - have a Canadian citizenship - and would have had no problem seeing these countries combine so long as it meant that we got to play stronger teams and got to play more competitive cricket.

And what about the West Indies - we had a thread on whether Jamaica should go it alone as a country in world cricket and the idea got no support whatsoever. The answer to making sports more global is to let certain countries combine forces.

In rugby they are talking about having a Pacific Islands team join the tri nations in a couple of years. They would never invite Fiji or Samoa by themselves. This will help the rugby players in those countries immensely.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
TBH there is a lot politics in Canadian cricket because of the people running it. A lot of very good players are ignored based on their origins i.e. Quebec, or Alberta or other regions. Toronto and B.C are the biggest provinces supplying the players. Quebec has had its little share but there are a lot of good players capable of playing national level.

brockley

International Captain
Apart from cheema and bagai very little talent,expect ireland to smash them tonight.
Will be JD's swansong i think.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Maybe but they chew through the players alright,only 4/5 regulars in the side.
Their intercontinental record is awful not last for nothing,bring namibia back i say.

brockley

International Captain
Maybe but they chew through the players alright,only 4/5 regulars in the side.
Their intercontinental record is awful not last for nothing,bring namibia back i say.
Ireland was without their county stars tho.

brockley

International Captain
He has done well tt,did well again last night,but theuir have been canada players who get a five for or get a near 100 and now they are never heard of again.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Canada will probably play a World Cup after this. Have a lot of expats which will always mean they'll do good somehow.