• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Matchfixing Scandal

slipknot

Cricket Spectator
this has to be the best cricketing community with such intelligent cricket fans

it was a good read

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Fusion

"It's never been easy being a Pakistani fan. As far back as I can remember, there has been one difficult moment after another. Some dark moments we had no control over. Others, and lately more often than not, were of our making. With each passing scandal, you think we can't sink any lower. You hope we won't be embarrassed any further. And then the next scandal hits.

There is nothing I can write that can properly convey the mix of rage, sadness, and embarrassment that I feel. Oh I want to believe that this is not what it seems. That when all the details/truth come out, my team's innocence will be upheld. Yet I know that's not what will happen. I know deep down inside that the worse will be confirmed. Yet another black mark. Yet another blow to the soul of the Pakistani cricket fan. I feel numb and emotionally exhausted.

It may sound extremely cheesy, but whenever I feel a bit down, one of the things that always picks me up is watching my old VHS tape of the '92 WC Final. My three favorite players of all-time (Imran, Javed, Wasim) on top of the world. Pakistan on top of the world. Imran bowls that final ball, Rameez takes the catch and raises his hands. One by one, the Pakistani players fall to the ground for Sajda's. The final celebrations always bring a smile to my face, no matter how hard a day I just had. That's the effect cricket has always had on me. Today, I just don't have the desire to play that tape. I don't feel I'm in the right state of mind to talk about what should happen to the guilty players, or Pakistan cricket as a whole. I don't think I care anymore to be honest."

Your voice is of every Pakistani Cricket Fan, Fusion.

Its just so hard to express the feelings of a true Pakistan cricket fan...of all the garbage that i wrote in the last couple of days the only truth that there was, that i had no clue what to say. One moment i said behead them and the other, may be they are setup may this or may be that....

Its really a very hard time....but what i fear even the most is how am i going to forget Amir if he gets banned for life or banned for even 2 years or 3 years...how would i be able to forget what he did to the batsmen...wouldn't be able to forget him thats for sure and that will be the biggest heart break..... :(

slowfinger

International Debutant
Fusion

"It's never been easy being a Pakistani fan. As far back as I can remember, there has been one difficult moment after another. Some dark moments we had no control over. Others, and lately more often than not, were of our making. With each passing scandal, you think we can't sink any lower. You hope we won't be embarrassed any further. And then the next scandal hits.

There is nothing I can write that can properly convey the mix of rage, sadness, and embarrassment that I feel. Oh I want to believe that this is not what it seems. That when all the details/truth come out, my team's innocence will be upheld. Yet I know that's not what will happen. I know deep down inside that the worse will be confirmed. Yet another black mark. Yet another blow to the soul of the Pakistani cricket fan. I feel numb and emotionally exhausted.

It may sound extremely cheesy, but whenever I feel a bit down, one of the things that always picks me up is watching my old VHS tape of the '92 WC Final. My three favorite players of all-time (Imran, Javed, Wasim) on top of the world. Pakistan on top of the world. Imran bowls that final ball, Rameez takes the catch and raises his hands. One by one, the Pakistani players fall to the ground for Sajda's. The final celebrations always bring a smile to my face, no matter how hard a day I just had. That's the effect cricket has always had on me. Today, I just don't have the desire to play that tape. I don't feel I'm in the right state of mind to talk about what should happen to the guilty players, or Pakistan cricket as a whole. I don't think I care anymore to be honest."

Your voice is of every Pakistani Cricket Fan, Fusion.

Its just so hard to express the feelings of a true Pakistan cricket fan...of all the garbage that i wrote in the last couple of days the only truth that there was, that i had no clue what to say. One moment i said behead them and the other, may be they are setup may this or may be that....

Its really a very hard time....but what i fear even the most is how am i going to forget Amir if he gets banned for life or banned for even 2 years or 3 years...how would i be able to forget what he did to the batsmen...wouldn't be able to forget him thats for sure and that will be the biggest heart break..... :(
I never post on cricketweb forum now... Simply because of this humiliation. It just tests how much your faith can take in something... All these pakistans loving praising Amir, giving Asif another chance, acknowledging how awesome Butt's captaincy is (joking:ph34r:). I thought all those days were over where I had to care about matchfixing....

It's obviously never over. An AGAIN FAWAD ALAM shows his awesomeness in Taunton and still bozos get picked... PCB is in rapid decline... But really, can you say we can get worse than this?

I reckon we need Imran khan to sort everything out. He is the only person who understands Pakistan Fans and corrupt pakistan politics... Everyone is corrupt so it is only natural and Imran Khan understands it perfectly... He needs to sort it out but these politics don't let him do anything nower days, it is quite sad...

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I never post on cricketweb forum now... Simply because of this humiliation. It just tests how much your faith can take in something... All these pakistans loving praising Amir, giving Asif another chance, acknowledging how awesome Butt's captaincy is (joking:ph34r:). I thought all those days were over where I had to care about matchfixing....

It's obviously never over. An AGAIN FAWAD ALAM shows his awesomeness in Taunton and still bozos get picked... PCB is in rapid decline... But really, can you say we can get worse than this?

I reckon we need Imran khan to sort everything out. He is the only person who understands Pakistan Fans and corrupt pakistan politics... Everyone is corrupt so it is only natural and Imran Khan understands it perfectly... He needs to sort it out but these politics don't let him do anything nower days, it is quite sad...
He is too busy with other politics. TBH, i rather see him take of the country if he is capable. Cricket will become better automatically.