• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Domestic Season 2010-11

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think we will take 16.. That would be:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Laxman
Raina
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Ishant
Sreesanth

Reserves:

Ojha
Munaf (?)
Praveen (?)
Pujara
Vijay

But I think they will squeeze in a 2nd keeper.. Probably DK..

Teja.

Global Moderator

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Laxman
Raina
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Ishant
Sreesanth

Reserves:

Ojha
Munaf (?)
Praveen (?)
Pujara
Vijay

Nah, They won't pick Praveen. It's just not BCCI if it picks the best performing domestic pacer in the country. They'll pick Mishra instead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Laxman
Raina
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Ishant
Sreesanth

Reserves:

Ojha
Munaf (?)
Praveen (?)
Pujara
Vijay

I'd take that squad but with Dinesh Karthik instead of Sharma. Obviously Sharma will be touring though; I reckon Praveen will miss out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They'll take Karthik, especially since he played in SA back in 06/07.

Along with Praveen, who should be picked, why does Vinay Kumar never get a look in to the test squad? Only ODIs and T20s (which tbf he's stunk it up). His first class bowling numbers are nothing short of outstanding. 202 wickets at 24.19 in India is brilliant.

Same story with Pankaj Singh, who was in the touring squad to Australia all the way back in 2007/08 and hasnt been seen since. He has 144 wickets at 25.44.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Incredible how Indian batman avg so high in FC cricket on the other hand was looking at Taufeeq and Hafeez first class stats they both average mid 30's and its the general story no wonder they all end up having stop starts test career.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
An article on Deepak Chahar's training area and coach -

Hanumangarh, India's fast bowling factory

Here's the wrap of the previous set of matches.

Veteran Railways offie Kulamani Parida has retired. Having played for a very long time for the railwaymen, missing out on a place in the national team and getting called late in his career, and in the last over od the day, he decided not to carry on. He was felicitated by the Railways players and officials, but people who don't follow the scene wouldn't have heard of him at all.

Tomorrow, we'll be watching Uttar Pradesh vs Baroda. This will be a hotly-contested match, with lots of India prospects and one-time regulars.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a blog post by Sanjay Bangar, showing the tough things a few Railways players endured. Often amongst the forgotten men of Indian domestic cricket, never getting the attention of a Mumbai, TN, Delhi or Karnataka (or most state teams), they've had to train using old-school methods, lacking proper facilities, but this is something very different. Compared to certain profiteering, princely bonny boys who play for India and get the bench, these hardworking cricketers, often coming here for assured jobs, never get their due.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Munaf Patel has ripped through the top four of Uttar Pradesh, including a scalp of Kaif for no score. He's been doing this bowling tight, stump to stump, getting thin movement, but lacked pace- he hasn't hit the 130k mark yet, let alone the 145k mark he used to hit in mid-2006. Most of Baroda's attack is medium-pace, and they've often been called for suspect actions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Arjun, if you were to compare Vinay Kumar, Munaf and Praveen over the last two seasons, who do you think has been the best bowler?

I know Mithun has also performed very well, but he's a lot younger than those three.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Arjun, if you were to compare Vinay Kumar, Munaf and Praveen over the last two seasons, who do you think has been the best bowler?

I know Mithun has also performed very well, but he's a lot younger than those three.
Kulkarni. :ph34r:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year

I'd say Vinay Kumar, as a bowler and complete package. Vinay is the fastest of the bunch at present, and moves the ball well, and even hits the deck to good effect. He's also a lot more experienced at sub-Test FC cricket, so you're getting a seasoned bowler here. When he's not bowling, he's also very good on the field, and is one we'd expect to gain more pace. He's a decent lower-order batsman, a run-scoring option, and these things do add up- maybe not alone, but together with the likes of Harbhajan and Mishra. All three of them have just the right raw material, but Vinay edges ahead on experience and also added value.

Praveen Kumar has done well in fewer games, but his fielding is an embarassment- he seriously needs to work on that. His batting, though, is good enough to add up at seven, eight or nine. Munaf needs to get back that express pace he had when he made his debut, and also work on his fielding to be at least safe on the field.

Of these three, I'd say they pick and stick with Vinay Kumar. There's a lot they can gain.

I don't see the point in handing free India caps to Sudeep Tyagi, Mithun, Umesh Yadav, Unadkat or Ashok Dinda. Most of them are way too inexperienced, have virtually nothing special about them, and are five seasons away from an India debut. Dinda has experience, but he's so dire, it makes no sense to pick him.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Wickets continue to fall. Now Yusuf Pathan gets three, and the batsmen haven't quite got their shots right against him. The dlivery to dismiss tailender Praveen, though, was a good one. He's been keeping it straight and using the little turn offered to good effect. His straighter ones, though, are the most useful, like one that castled Parvinder Singh on 85. All over for UP in this innings. Parvinder has 85 of the total of 188, while both Munaf and Yusuf have taken four each.

Now my access to the match is cut off, due to a forced channel change.

Last edited: