• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

will you still watch pakistan games if the accused pak players beat the charges?

will u still watch them play?

• Total voters

DingDong

State Captain
lets assume they get away with this or they get light bans. will you still watch them play?

if its too early to have this discussion or if it should be discussed in some other thread, mods can lock this.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Best, highly relevant third option evar.

I'd still watch for the innocent players, and if the four named are proven innocent (unlikely), then they can play.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, would depend on whether they were exonerated, or whether they were found guilty but were given inadequate punishments.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yes.. I don't agree with the tour continuing, but I want to see how things play from a human perspective.. How England deal with the matches, how the crowd react, etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Almost certainly yes as it would be hardly fair to boycott all 22 players based on 4 or 5 or 7 (assuming that they are not exonerated, in which case the answer is, as they say, trivial).

I'd hardly be cheering them on, though.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I shall watch some of their matches on Television.

Not that I shall have too much faith on the scorecard, though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't "boycott" them, I just wouldn't watch because I wouldn't enjoy watching.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Considering I'm doing my best to get to Taunton on Thursday.... I wonder what my answer might be.

Daemon

I kind of fear for the safety of the players involved. Although luckily this tour is being held in England, where crowds are civilized.

vcs

best, highly relevant third option evar.

I'd still watch for the innocent players, and if the four named are proven innocent (unlikely), then they can play.
almost certainly yes as it would be hardly fair to boycott all 22 players based on 4 or 5 or 7 (assuming that they are not exonerated, in which case the answer is, as they say, trivial).

I'd hardly be cheering them on, though.
awta.

_Ed_

It depends how they "beat the charges". If they're able to come up with convincing evidence as to their innocence, sure. If their case mirrors that of Rod Blagojevich, no.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Was already regretting wasting so much money on the Pakistan-Australia test match this year, seeing a couple of hours of batting collapse for spending £70 including travel. I definitely wouldn't pay to watch Pakistan again for a while, but I'd maybe watch a few overs on the TV to see how the players and crowd react.