• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Seamers

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Howeverm having not seen him as much as the selctors, how do you know he does that?
I'd like to know how your so sure the selectors have even been watching him...

Nasser Hussain once said he would love to have Saggers in his side after one of those Indoor Games in Cardiff...what happened? Well, no selectors turned up, no one watched, Saggers didn't get a sniff.

Oh and please don't try telling me you went to the ground and saw them watching him play...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because I cannot believe that they are leaving out a bowler who can't stop taking wickets "because he isn't bowling in a way which would be effective in International Cricket"
Exactly. He can't get all his wickets due to luck or faulty technique by the batsmen.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Exactly. He can't get all his wickets due to luck or faulty technique by the batsmen.
It's also interisting how they picked a bowler who they feel does bowl in a way which would be effective in International Cricket yet he has struggled his entire career against County Batsmen...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
With that many selectors and scouts, they would've watched someone who's taking wickets.

If not that, they've obviously been at Kent to run the rule over Ed Smith, Rob Key, Geraint Jones etc.

Rik said:
Nasser Hussain once said he would love to have Saggers in his side after one of those Indoor Games in Cardiff...what happened? Well, no selectors turned up, no one watched, Saggers didn't get a sniff.
Erm, the difference between a gimicky indoor thing and a Test match is quite a lot.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
With that many selectors and scouts, they would've watched someone who's taking wickets.

If not that, they've obviously been at Kent to run the rule over Ed Smith, Rob Key, Geraint Jones etc.

Erm, the difference between a gimicky indoor thing and a Test match is quite a lot.
Marc, I know you like to pick a side and then argue it to the ground, but your view in this particular one not only has little backing, but also seems to be little more than that of someone who refuses to accept reality. The England selectors have made enough bad decisions in the last few years to warrent their immediate sacking, let alone anyone's backing. They continue to pick players that I'm sure even the England Team know arn't good enough. You say that they must know what they are doing and must know more than us because they are payed, well, if that was the case in life then I'm sure a hell of a lot of bankrupt buisnesses wouldn't have gone down because of bad investments. They had advisers who were payed to advise and they got it wrong. Just because it's your job doesn't mean you:

A: Know what your doing, or
B: Are the best at it

I'm guessing you've never seen Saggers bowl, yet you pass him off as "not Test Standard" just like you would with any other player round the world you have decided not to rate. Oh yes and then you claim he's obviously not good enough because the Selectors haven't picked him. Well not only are the figures there staring you in the fact, but also all the players they have selected who haven't come off. This selection panel doesn't have a clue, that is the fact. Bit of a fiction fan I'm guessing?

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:

Oh and please don't try telling me you went to the ground and saw them watching him play...:lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw him!! He was excellent, but there were positively no ECB at the ground from what I could see....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Was this the Indoor Games though?
It seems so, by all accounts. Even discounting it as nothing more than a "slog-a-thon" his figures against world class players with a liscence to go for it, I remember, looked rather impressive.