• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli asking crowd to not boo Smith was the most try-hard generous thing he attempted. I mean even Smith didn't probably hear or care for the boos. But had to act like he did. It was like how Modi hugged the ISRO scientist who had to act like he was in tears.

His passion for cricket, especially test cricket is genuine and something I absolutely love him for. What an ambassador for the most pristine format of cricket in t20 era.

Last edited:

wrongun

Banned
Kohli is better than Sachin. Even as an Aussie fan, I enjoy watching him bat. I don't mind the aggression, quite like it. I don't think he has had any misteps off the field either.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kohli asking crowd to not boo Smith was the most try-hard generous thing he attempted. I mean even Smith didn't probably hear or care for the boos. But had to act like he did. It was like how Modi hugged the ISRO scientist who had to act like he was in tears.

His passion for cricket, especially test cricket is genuine and something I absolutely love him for. What an ambassador for the most pristine format of cricket in t20 era.

Lol, I don't care much for politics and I have no idea what happened with that ISRO director and the PM, so I will steer clear of that. What I can tell you is that I just don't see Kohli doing anything on the field for any kind of applause. He also asked the crowd to chant for Shami instead of him during a test match when Shami was bowling well. On the field, he is on the most instinctive guys who reacts as he feels, and I see absolutely no reason to doubt that it was not the same with the Steve Smith booing incident. I mean, that is such a cynical view to take and then to state it as some kind of fact.. Come on, Ankit. :)

wrongun

Banned
Lol, I don't care much for politics and I have no idea what happened with that ISRO director and the PM, so I will steer clear of that. What I can tell you is that I just don't see Kohli doing anything on the field for any kind of applause. He also asked the crowd to chant for Shami instead of him during a test match when Shami was bowling well. On the field, he is on the most instinctive guys who reacts as he feels, and I see absolutely no reason to doubt that it was not the same with the Steve Smith booing incident. I mean, that is such a cynical view to take and then to state it as some kind of fact.. Come on, Ankit. :)
Kohli's effort were genuine. People have over active imaginations where they want to create villains. As an Aussie fan, I appreciated the gesture.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes... agree to disagree. As I said, I see absolutely zero reason to take the cynical view you are taking of the incident, but to each his own.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He lives in Toronto. Shri's diagnosis is spot on. Not sure if desis who want to be black are worse than those who want to be white.