• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Agree in part with Jono, Kohli is an attractive cricketer to watch with an aesthetically pleasing array of offside shots. I don't agree that his attitude is awful, but does he seem to give off a nonchalant vibe at times, which doesn't seem to bode well when the going gets tough. He has all the talent for Test cricket, I'm just not sure about his mental state and temperament.

With Dravid you can see the steely resolve in his eyes, with Sachin you can see the determination, with Laxman the immense powers of concentration but with Kohli...

You can probably see all 3. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He went through a period of zen-like maturity from the end of the 2017 Australian series till the start of the recent WI one, but it seems like he's intentionally flipped a switch and is back now.

morgieb

I believe Saurabh Tiwary and Manish Pandey are better than him tbh. They look much more attacking have shown glimpses of what they could do in T20 games. Would like to see them given an extended run in ODIs.
I'm sure others have pointed this out, but worst prediction of all-time?

vcs

Kohli was probably too well established by that stage for Shri to bandwagon TBF. He likes them younger.

Spark

Global Moderator
Spark with his almost Jono moment here... Could have dropped the emoji and claimed the W. :p
Nah I'm claiming it anyway :ph34r:

In fairness a lot of us on here thought at that point in time (Sept 2010) Smith really was going to be the next big thing and should have been playing instead of North for at least 5 Tests or so by then. He didn't become a bit of a meme cricketer until later that summer.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
He went through a period of zen-like maturity from the end of the 2017 Australian series till the start of the recent WI one, but it seems like he's intentionally flipped a switch and is back now.
I genuinely prefer the asshole Kohli. The good guy is boring.

Slifer

International Captain
Kohli is a beast. Best all round batsman obviously. But for Smith, would be the overall alpha batsman of this era. Insane conversion rate in tests and odis.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The good guy Kohli is also fake. His put on generosity makes me laugh.

Lol. I don't think there is anything fake about Kohli on the cricket field. The BC shouting in your face guy as well as the diplomat who asks the crowd to not boo Steve Smith, is actually what he feels in those moments. You can accuse him of many things, but there is literally 0% fake about anything he does or says on the cricket field. Guy played with a dislocated shoulder for an entire test fielding in the slips FFS. Just because he wanted to badly beat Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah I'm claiming it anyway :ph34r:

In fairness a lot of us on here thought at that point in time (Sept 2010) Smith really was going to be the next big thing and should have been playing instead of North for at least 5 Tests or so by then. He didn't become a bit of a meme cricketer until later that summer.

As long as you guys agree I was the one to cal Loosebuschange's talent here first. :p