• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I want Ganguly to become India's coach, only to see the Ganguly-Kohli aggressive combo in action.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing again today..

On an unrelated note I got caught up in the crowd dispersing from the stadium. Took me an hour to get home. Another reason to hate the IPL.

Kirkut

International Regular
One question - Would Kohli have been as good as he is now if he played in 80's, using the cricket kit of that time (lighter bats) and superior bowling attacks ?

cnerd123

likes this
One question - Would Kohli have been as good as he is now if he played in 80's, using the cricket kit of that time (lighter bats) and superior bowling attacks ?
If you took this Kohli and transported him back in time to the 80s, probably not
If you took Kohli as a baby and transported him back into the 1960s and gave him as close as possible to the same environment and opportunities he had access to growing up in the modern day, then very probably yes

vcs

If you took this Kohli and transported him back in time to the 80s, probably not
If you took Kohli as a baby and transported him back into the 1960s and gave him as close as possible to the same environment and opportunities he had access to growing up in the modern day, then very probably yes
Kohli as a baby would probably struggle a bit against Marshall, Holding and co TBF.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When Kohli started off at under 19 bats weren't as big as today and he did just fine.

TheJediBrah

Am I the only one that groans every time someone says something like this about modern players?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not always a boring question. It's interesting to think who had the game to adopt to various types of cricketing situations.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Usually it's the wording of discounting greats which is the problem. How is it not intriguing to wonder whether one would select Donald or Fizz say, or who among Tendulkar and Gavaskar would fare better on a sticky wicket.