• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

Sir Alex

Banned
Pandey could be better with FC experience. He has played like what? 1 season of FC cricket. Could be better after a few years. And I don't think we have the liberty to choose players who are good against swing with Sachin, Dravid et al set to retire any time. Should cover the base first i.e is a player good enough to play tests on sub-continental pitches? We should then move from there.
Good point...

Pandey should be nowhere near One dayers let alone tests, despite his talent. He has to do the hard yards in FC.

Pujara FTW>

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah Virat looks like a very good player.... hope he learns from likes of Sachin and Dravid and works hard on his game..... Very talented player and i'm sure he'll be solid middle order batsman for India for number of years.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I believe Saurabh Tiwary and Manish Pandey are better than him tbh. They look much more attacking have shown glimpses of what they could do in T20 games. Would like to see them given an extended run in ODIs.
Reckon Pandey is a pretty ordinary cricketer, to be honest. I'd be really surprised if he ever performs well in international cricket.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Interesting to see that Kholi played 19 of his 34 ODIs against SL..not a bad prospect overall though, did well against SA and SL. His 102 notout against Bang has really pumped up his avg. and for the time being the Indian batting line up is loaded with fire power...don't know how he will make a place in this side atm.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For the record, what is considered India's full strength team at the moment in ODIs?

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
?
Yuvraj
Dhoni
?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Raina isn't a ?, has a better case than Yuvraj.

In my view:

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Raina
Kohli
Dhoni

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Best U-25 cricketer in the world right now with Aamer being a goner.
Probably Mathews has a better shout. You don't see many players averaging 30 with the bat and 27 with the ball and aged less than 24.

Kohli looks good when the ball doesn't do something off the pitch. Looked at sea in Dambulla and in tri series in ZIM when pitch has bit of bounce and movement. He could rectify that weakness I think, but seriously needs to get his conduct right. When he is out he has to walk when umpire raises the finger. Nothing will happen by staring at the pitch.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hard to place Phil Hughes amongst them, averaging a lot in Test cricket but with a huge question mark over him at the moment.