• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why not? You can't go wrong with choosing one of Hayden, Greenidge, Haynes or Ganguly as an Odi AT XI opener. Hayden is just my personal choice.
Don't question me when I ask you a question ****.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's actually a close run thing who is the worse commentator out of Jaya and Hayden.

Hayden maybe just the worse of the two.
It's the opening combo in the nightmare commentary ODI XI:

Jaya
Hayden
D Jones
Shastri
Botham
Mo Matthews
Healy
Julian
Fleming
Waqar
McGrath

12th man: Willis

Burgey

The side needs balance ffs.

How bad was Waqar when he did that commentary stint a while back? Just a Jayasuriya short of a Hayden.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
de Villiers doesn't get enough ODI love from the Kohli fanboys here: Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Remarkably those figures have got worse in the last 6 or so months.

Kohli is an incredible ODI batsman, and will probably go down as one of the greatest ever, but de Villiers will too and he doesn't get half the accolades Kohli does. Mostly the downhill skier tag is used, but while it may be somewhat true in tests, it's a pretty redundant one in ODI's IMO.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He was given due credit for the past 2-3 years with everyone rating him very highly. Its Kohli's time in the sun now so, yeah, let the dust settle before yapping further.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's the opening combo in the nightmare commentary ODI XI:

Jaya
Hayden
D Jones
Shastri
Botham
Mo Matthews
Healy
Julian
Fleming
Waqar
McGrath

12th man: Willis
Would put RGD in the XI ahead of McGrath myself, I think the latter conducted himself pretty well this summer on TMS. Not sure if that's a sign of improvement over what he'd done down under or you just came to the opposite opinion though. I'll have Vaughan carry the drinks.

Teja.

Global Moderator
If I'm reading that correctly, only Tendulkar has more tons chasing than Kohli and even he has only 18 to Kohli's 11 in about four times as many innings.

Riggins

International Captain
Forkers averages 125 in chases, and his centures per innings is far higher than Kohli's.

Top_Cat

Srsly, I've said it a few times now but Kohli's going to end his career with better ODI stats than Sachin.