• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think Kohli is very talented, but he needs to play for the team and not himself,
at times, he plays over defensively even when its not required at all(in the ODIs). And when he fails in 1 or 2 innings, the next time he comes to bat, he will keep the situation aside, and just look to get 30 40 runs at a slow rate before playing his natural game.
Having said that, I would rate Kohli much higher than Raina and Sharma who are yet to prove themself against quality bowlers on difficult wickets.

The South Africa tour before the WC was the litmus test of our youngsters,
Players like Raina, Sharma, Vijay,etc. were just dancing against the South African pace bowlers and failed miserably,
Only Yusuf Pathan and Virat Kohli were succesful.

Last edited:

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Kohli and Rahane look the best of India's young gun batsmen.

Pujara and Mukund have had their moments, but still far too many failures and flaws.

While Sharma, Dhawan, Yuvraj and Raina are Test players when pigs fly!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All it says is that, as he admitted, he went in with a negative mindset and was too nervous. Didn't play his natural game at all. He'll learn from that.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
All it says is that, as he admitted, he went in with a negative mindset and was too nervous. Didn't play his natural game at all. He'll learn from that.
What is his natural game? When a 90 mph Fidexpress bouncer is hurtling at his throat, what do his natural instincts tell him to do?

If the answer is to contemplate hooking, my next question is whether he is good enough to go through with it? I don't follow ODIs much, so I am not sure how good his overall batting credentials are. And of course, that would include facing hostile bowling on juicy pitches.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Go back to Delhi, finish sixty non-Test games and win a title for Delhi or North.

Last edited: