• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where to now for Pakistan?

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
I know your probably all sick of Pakistan threads but this is not directly linked to the fixing.

After everything that has gone on with Pakistan cricket are they really going to be a financially viable team to play against?

Say the players in the team atm get bans, surely they will be worse than BD, so the spectacle is taken out of the game, they cant play home games, thats a lot of potential revenue and fan base gone, nobody is going to want to host their 'home' games now, is any country really going to want to be seen as supporting Pakistan cricket and the PCB, surely there's too much dirt on their hands to be trusted.

I may sound rather dooms dayish here but is this the end of Pakistan being one of the 'big' teams in international cricket? will they plunge to the depths as the WI have? or perhaps even worse?

And will players want to be associated with Pakistan anymore? Perhaps they may go and play for India or Bangladesh, or play for IPL teams etc.

These suggestions may be a bit outlandish but I guess they are distant possiblilities

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I guess that Yousuf will retire again. I don't see how Pakistan can continue to playing Test cricket, tbh. It's just an untenable situation, atm.

masterblaster

International Captain
Ban Pakistan from all International Cricket for at least 12 months, until they can get their house in order. Pakistan have been given far too many chances over the years. From consistently being one of the most corrupt cricketing nations in the world, to having shoddy administration practices and politics in every aspect of their game.

In addition they've had such poor security in their home games that resulted in the attack on the Sri Lankan team and have had a constant revolving door of players, captains and coaches over the past few years. I think it's time to give them a break from International Cricket as sadly they do not currently deserve a place in International Cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You can't play cricket in the country because of security risks.

There is a recent history of dodgy results, spot fixing if not completely throwing matches.

They've had issues retaining their players, who are banned and the unbanned, with a revolving captaincy door.

Some of their players have been caught with performance enhancing drugs.

I can't see how they can continue in the short term tbh.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No mercy. These guys are disgraceful. No place for them in cricket. Terrible for the fans of the Pakistan team but this is no time to **** around.

edit: Seriously, fixing meaningless one dayers is bad enough but Test matches being altered like this is complete ****ing ****ery of the highest order. Wtf? What the ****?

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I hope they play South Africa next month (or is it in October). Some free wickets for Steyn and Morkel against that complete shower of a batting line-up.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They should just fly back to Pakistan. Watching them today was a sick experience. Couldn't sit there and do it. Joke of a cricket team from top down.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Where to? Not to any cricket grounds hopefully.
Said perfectly.

ICC should definitely ban them from 1 year minimum. However I get the feeling that ICC consequences aside, this will be one controversy too many. Pakistan have had the 'Sydney incident' (and the whole Australian tour for that matter), Afridi's ball-biting, banning everybody then reinstating them and now this, and that has just been in the past year! I can't see the cricketing community being accepting/forgiving anymore.

Maybe I am going too far, but if I were England I would not have shaken the Pakistani's hands after the game. I'm not suggesting the whole team was involved, but you only have as much integrity as your shadiest member. For England to allow Pakistan to play home games at one of the world's most prestegious cricket grounds, and then for the Pakis to do this is unforgivable.

Give Ireland test status. Sure they'll probably lose by an innings and 250-odd runs too, but at least they'll show some respect to cricket...

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
They will still have enough talent to perform at test level, but I'm not sure they should be allowed to untill all this crap has been sorted out.

pakster

U19 12th Man
The wider implications here are huge, not just for Paksiatni cricket, but for the world game. All things considered, a permanent ban for the players involved would be adequate punishment. The idea of banning Pakistan from cricket, for however short a period, will have disastrous ramifications. We've already lost a very good Zimbabwe side; WI, too, are on a slippery slope to mediocrity. NZ are never going to be a powerhouse, which leaves us with just 4 quality international teams. Cricket needs Pakistan just as much as Pakistan needs cricket.

That said, I just do not see what the immediate short-term options for Pakistan are. As NZ Guy rightly pointed out, what future is there for a team who cannot play home matches, and will not be hosted other nations? Some time out of the game may do us some good, but with rampant corruption running deep in all levels of Pakistani society, it will take some time before we have a PCB which is competent and honest. It looks bleak, tbh.

Sir Alex

Banned
For the reasons stated above, I think it does. International cricket cannot afford to lose another team. Unless, of course, you are satisfied with watching the same four or five teams over and over.
Would prefer that to this. Are u seriously suggesting rest of the cricketing world (and a majority of betrayed poor Pak fans) should continue to tolerate the antics of this Pakistan team/players/Board??

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would prefer that to this. Are u seriously suggesting rest of the cricketing world (and a majority of betrayed poor Pak fans) should continue to tolerate the antics of this Pakistan team/players/Board??
Exactly,ban them now and do it before the World Cup if you ask me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
For the reasons stated above, I think it does. International cricket cannot afford to lose another team. Unless, of course, you are satisfied with watching the same four or five teams over and over.
Yea it can, because Pakistani cricket has shown that stuff like this is the alternative. I would not miss Pakistan at this point.