• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Wow, surely now Pakistan have got to be booted out the game for years. I don't think you can implicate any England player of any wrongdoing and to remove there records from the game would be unfair (end of the day no evidence of them trying to throw the test has been put forward).

Shame on Pakistani cricket team, they have been shown hospitality by the ECB and they have disgraced themselves beyond repair IMO.
Hey shut the **** up about Pakistani cricket team. Just for a couple of ****s who cheated doesn't mean you put the whole team on line. First go ban SA for ever because of there captain who was involved in match fixing. Otherwise keep your pretty comments to yourself.

91Jmay

International Coach
Hey shut the **** up about Pakistani cricket team. Just for a couple of ****s who cheated doesn't mean you put the whole team on line. First go ban SA for ever because of there captain who was involved in match fixing. Otherwise keep your pretty comments to yourself.
The captain, and according to the source, plus 6 senior players? The team should be banned from cricket for a few years. End of. The Pakistani cricket team has disgraced the name of the sport, at this point we don't know who is involved from Pakistan but they've all been stained by this. Its appaulling and has truely angered me.

Faisal1985

The captain, and according to the source, plus 6 senior players? The team should be banned from cricket for a few years. End of. The Pakistani cricket team has disgraced the name of the sport, at this point we don't know who is involved from Pakistan but they've all been stained by this. Its appaulling and has truely angered me.
Like i said go ban SA first. Otherwise stfu.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty devastating. I was really starting to think the world of Amir as a cricketer.

I'm not in favour of him having a life ban, but at the same time, I don't think I can ever be as much of a fan of his as I was before this.

Faisal1985

Almost certainly introduced by a senior player, who seems to be Butt.
Regardless man. He is old enough to know what is wrong or right...

Should be banned for life. Hands down.

I am almost certain that i will not be following Pak games which have any of these players in them....

Reports are coming in Pak media that Haider was not injured to a point where he couldn't play. He was taken to a private clinic and the doc declared him unfit to play cricket on instructions of Pakistan manager Yawar Saeed, and that is why he was sent back home. Kamran Akmal is also a fixer and the man person in this who squad wanted him in the team....

We all wonder why players like Asim Kamal, YK, Alam don't get selected in the test team...

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
I think the only proper solution to this is to kick Pakistan out of the ICC. The US gets kicked because of "internal conflict" but the PCB has a huge hand in the disgrace which was the 2006 test at the Oval and ball-tampering, is part of the problem of why international cricket is not being played in Karachi, and now this absolutely horrific offense against global sportsmanship in general and not just the sport of cricket in and of itself, then they should get the boot for a half a decade to re-think everything on top of banning the guilty players for life from game. Maybe if they have to face the prospect of trying to get back to a test status from Division 7 after a 5 year hiatus, they'll re-think and re-organize their board enough, but as of right now the PCB is a f***** joke.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
As many of you have said the shocking thing is the age of Aamir. He is just 18 and he is already involved in such stuff. Asif I don't understand at all. Think of the balls he has to get involved in this stuff after his past. He definitely deserves a life ban and should never pick up a cricket ball again.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geez I wish this kind of stuff would surprise me these days. Asif especially seems to have brought nothing but complete disrepute to both Pakistani and world cricket.

Jacknife

International Captain
As far as this test goes and the record that was broken,I think it should stand because it is spot-betting not match-fixing from what we have been told. It would be hugely wrong to take anything away from England and it's players.
I really do feel for fans the of Pakistan cricket because I couldn't imagine how I would feel if it was my team and especially now when the country is already going through hell.
I wonder what happens tomorrow at Lords? Very strange feeling it must be for the England players and to be honest I bet they are furious.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As far as this test goes and the record that was broken,I think it should stand because it is spot-betting not match-fixing from what we have been told. It would be hugely wrong to take anything away from England and it's players.
I really do feel for fans the of Pakistan cricket because I couldn't imagine how I would feel if it was my team and especially now when the country is already going through hell.
I wonder what happens tomorrow at Lords? Very strange feeling it must be for the England players and to be honest I bet they are furious.
Can't be a much better time to be the bowling team, tbh.

As Z said earlier, the circumstantial evidence is pretty damning. I'd have no problem with serious bans for anyone proven to be involved provided they weren't coerced, which I suspect may be possible with Amir. Life? I dunno, depends on the circumstance.

Last edited: