Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    I seriously am feeling as if someone died in my family ( God Forbid). This is nothing short of it. And my personal feeling is that this is true. Even though my heart says...please don't be true...please come out clean from this..please don't be true.....but my mind is saying it is true....

You guys have no idea what my sentiments are at the moment...i don't have many words to explain and i am just hoping against hope its not true.
    Mate, I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say the real victims of this are Pakistan cricket fans. Feel so sorry for you guys.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    This also casts a massive shadow over the coming ODIs and T20s - will they be played? Will the ECB be left monumentally out of pocket? What is going through these people's minds?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pakster View Post
    I feel absolutely gutted. I do not care how little money the Pakistani players earn in comparison to others, there is absolutely no excuse for bringing yourself, your team and your country into disrepute. And for Aamir, the one shining light in this shambles of a Pakistani team, to be so directly implicated, makes it all the worse. To do this at the best of times is criminal, but to do so when your country is being ravaged by floods and torn apart by political unrest is just utterly and completely grotesque.

This test match shouldn't be cut short; it should continue. Let the Pakistani players play their final test in full gaze of the braying media and fans. Let the boos echo throughout Lords. Cheats and liars deserve no respect.

Lifetime ban for everybody involved. That includes Aamir, unfortunately.
    Yeah, Pakistan are in for a huge hammering, and it will be interesting to see what kind of reception Amir gets when he bats.. I assume his name is already on the honours board as well.. As tragic as this is, tomorrow is going to be compelling..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    This also casts a massive shadow over the coming ODIs and T20s - will they be played? Will the ECB be left monumentally out of pocket? What is going through these people's minds?

Majeed revealed he was plotting for Pakistan to lose TWO of the One Day Internationals | News Of The World

You can't possibly play those now, can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Opener View Post
    Also, **** off with accusing other players who have nothing to do with this. Enough is enough ffs.
    Echoed.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

School Boy/Girl Captain WorcsRoyal's Avatar
    Majeed then explained that the third no ball would come in the first over that teen wonder boy Amir got to deliver to an England right- hander, after one of the opening two left-handers had been dismissed.

Just to convince us Amir was on side Majeed telephoned the young star at his hotel. "Are you sleeping f***er?" he asked crudely. Amir confirmed that's what he was trying to do.

"Ok, sleep," said Majeed. "We've spoken about everything before anyway. Ok, don't mind. You sleep'."

Haha, Amir is on the Lord's honors board already....wow somehow that just hit me harder than anything else so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    I seriously am feeling as if someone died in my family ( God Forbid). This is nothing short of it. And my personal feeling is that this is true. Even though my heart says...please don't be true...please come out clean from this..please don't be true.....but my mind is saying it is true....

You guys have no idea what my sentiments are at the moment...i don't have many words to explain and i am just hoping against hope its not true.
    Feel bad for you guys...

Call me a bleeding heart liberal but I'm not sure I share the general appetite for dishing out a life ban to an 18 year old.

Having said which, the question of whether he is in fact 18 is itself open to some doubt.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    So you think Pakistan will entirely pull out of the tour?

I would be in favor of banning Pakistan from cricket for the rest of the year at a minimum.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    So you think Pakistan will entirely pull out of the tour?
    They should go straight home IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Not sure what evidence there is for this. The source of the only evidence (other than what happened in the game itself) is far from a reliable witness.
    There were a lot of murmurs at the time, don't think anyone can now say with a straight face that that match was legit.

Also it now explains why there was so much in fighting with captains and why a guy like Younis Khan didn't last very long.

Really feel for the Sri Lankan players who risked their lives to play these ****s.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Can we afford not to play them with 100,000 spectators paying 50 a punt? We can't have a 5m black hole in the accounts... World XI time??

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    There were a lot of murmurs at the time, don't think anyone can now say with a straight face that that match was legit.
    I wouldn't want to put any money on it, if you'll excuse the expression, but I don't rate this match-fixing character as a witness of truth, that's all - and he had plenty of motive to make this up

Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread Information