• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

bagapath

International Captain
Hmmm, I think we are arguing different topics here. I am not disputing there has been some appalling behaviour in the past. My argument is that it does not excuse poor behaviour by those who were victimised.
I totally agree with you. It does not excuse poor behavior by those victimized, especially towards those weaker than themselves. And I was not justifying it in any of my posts. I was just explaining how it came about. May be this kind of analysis will help us prevent the same mistakes being repeated in future.

Cricket has always been divided by class, creed, cash, skin color and marred by nepotism, corruption, greed and short sightedness. Like other facets of the society it is also slowly moving towards equal opportunity and fairness in all quarters.

I really appreciate Ian Chappell playing crusader to documenting the aussie aboriginal team's cricket tour 150 years ago for this reason.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Told you CLR James is a must read on this subject. West Indies cricket probably dealt with a lot more of this than any other brit colony. They never even had a full time black captain until frank worrell was given the job. The growth of cricket in that region is a story of class struggle as well. Viv Richards playing for black pride had a historical context to it.

Where are the native Australians in Australian cricket anyway? I rest my case.
How many native West Indians are there in West Indian cricket?

Debris

International 12th Man
I totally agree with you. It does not excuse poor behavior by those victimized, especially towards those weaker than themselves. And I was not justifying it in any of my posts. I was just explaining how it came about. May be this kind of analysis will help us prevent the same mistakes being repeated in future.

Cricket has always been divided by class, creed, cash, skin color and marred by nepotism, corruption, greed and short sightedness. Like other facets of the society it is also slowly moving towards equal opportunity and fairness in all quarters.

I really appreciate Ian Chappell playing crusader to documenting the aussie aboriginal team's cricket tour 150 years ago for this reason.
I had no idea that Dan Christian had an aboriginal heritage until today.

Debris

International 12th Man
great question. i don't have an answer.

but i am sure you got my point. coz it still supports what i am saying.
Kinda. I don't think there was any deliberate policy not to pick them in this case but culturally that community was just not included.

salman85

International Debutant
News ?

The players find out the verdict tomorrow.That has been known for weeks.

CPS will make its judgement today though.In 30 odd minutes from now if im not mistaken.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Am I a bad person for clicking cricinfo as soon as I see a new post in this thread without waiting to read the new post?:p

Xuhaib

International Coach
feel for Amir all the talent in the world probably the most talented cricketer we produced after Inzi and it had to end it this way.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
feel for Amir all the talent in the world probably the most talented cricketer we produced after Inzi and it had to end it this way.
Yeah, I also feel sorry for him, but he got caught up in some really bad company and now has to pay the price. However i think a jail sentence is too extreme :(

brockley

International Captain
What about the sydney test,kamran akmal and wahib riaz,shoib malik,danish kaneera and rana naveed.
ICC needs to get serious.
This is a joke.