• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Even if they are judged not guilty? if it is the case, then you are bitter about the fast bowling abilities of the Pakistanis.
I envy them but never bitter about their fast bowling talent. I have always admired the fast bowling talents from Pakistan, Wasim Akram and Shoaib Akhtar happen to be to two of my fav. cricketers ahead of any Indian Cricketer.

Asif has poor track record, Aamer does not. Asif always finds someone to blame, this case seems to be no exception.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
if any of the guys walk free then how is it Pakistan cricket fault? the case is being handled by ICC not PCB.
The basic assumption of my statement was that all three are found guilty. You are right in questioning me though that the Investigation is handled by ICC and not PCB. I acknowledge the error in my logic in this case.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif probably has a case though. His no-ball was ultra-thin.
Yeah that's to his advantage. Having said which he might of course have been aiming to overstep by a greater distance, say 4 inches, giving himself a margin of error, and he landed within that margin of error.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah that's to his advantage. Having said which he might of course have been aiming to overstep by a greater distance, say 4 inches, giving himself a margin of error, and he landed within that margin of error.
Imagine if he was being paid some ridiculous amount of money to bowl a no-ball at a certain time and managed it, but the umpire didn't call it. He'd be livid.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Imagine if he was being paid some ridiculous amount of money to bowl a no-ball at a certain time and managed it, but the umpire didn't call it. He'd be livid.
Haha that would’ve been so awesome. If they are guilty (which IMO they are), it would’ve been poetic justice for them to lose out on the money because the umpire didn’t call that ****ing no-ball!

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Asif probably has a case though. His no-ball was ultra-thin.

Not that I'd believe him.
Knowing Asif's accuracy with the ball, i don't think it will be too big a deal. When you are a pro...can't be that hard to land slightly in front of the crease...but one thing that must have played on his mind is that what if the ump doesn't call it for it is too close? ...i don't know its pretty hidden what exactly happened between these three.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Shoaib might be a druggy and might hit people, but he's no match fixer.

Asif is a hopeless case. Amir isn't. WHy don't they announce the results now pl0x?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh. Still just don't understand the support for Amir. If they're shown to have accepted money to bowl no-balls, it has to be a life ban.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh. Still just don't understand the support for Amir. If they're shown to have accepted money to bowl no-balls, it has to be a life ban.
I think, though of course cannot say for certain, that were he a 26-30 year old middling-level middle order batsman or medium pacer who had only just come into international cricket, then he wouldn't be getting that kind of support.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am not sure who is supporting, I want him banned, if he is guilty of match fixing. That said, he is a victim of this, along with many of those youngsters who come from the remote villages of Pakistan without much education, money etc, insecure about everything they do except their cricket.

If he had a captain like Imran Khan, He had the potential to become the next Wasim Akram, Unfortunately he had Salman Butt to lean to for help.He should have known better to not trust his captain, he didn't and I am sure he will get the harshest punishment and rightly so.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I dunno, In the extreme scenario that he did not know there was money involved in the intentional no-ball, did not know it was connected to anyone externally and was just a very young bowler following his captain's orders, I'd want a less harsh punishment.

However, Considering how he tried to make it look like it was a mistake right after the no-ball with all the sand-shifting and the other videos(veracity is unproven) where he is on the phone with the fixer, It is extremely unlikely that it is the case. If it is true that he did know that the no-ball was in-fact connected to a spot-fix, I want a life ban.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I want a life ban regardless if he bowled no-balls for cash. There should be no place for such people in international cricket.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been in favour of him copping a life ban from the start, but for those who are against it, at what point does he stop being a naive teenager and start just being a **** up?