• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Aitzaz Ahsan to represent Salman in ICC hearing | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

this is significant imo Aitzaz is an absolute top dog can see the trio argument going somewhere Aitzaz will not get involved in a case which is tottaly hopeless mind you that does mean they are not guilty.
Yeah...have heard quite a bit about Aitzaz being one of the best in this business....i guess this will be tougher test though....

Wish he was doing it for Amir and not Butt though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why hasn't Butt sacked Aftab Gul if he "tried to convince Gul to fight his case but was not having much of a success"? Makes no sense to keep him on

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afridi, Waqar, Najam?s statements confirm doubts on trio | Sport | DAWN.COM

Waqar, the head coach, in his statement endorsed the security manager’s statement that both Mazhar and Azhar Majeed are the agents of some of the Pakistani players and claimed that Salman Butt introduced Mazhar to him as his agent and as a good friend. Waqar also expresses surprise over the controversial ‘no-ball’ bowled by Aaamir in the Lord’s Test.

“I remember that the no-ball bowled by Mohammad Aamir on the third ball of his third full over on the second day of the Lord’s Test surprised me greatly. This was because Aamir’s front foot stepped over the line by a great distance whereas usually, if anything, Aamir tends to bowl from well behind the front-footline. I was so surprised by the delivery that when we went back into the dressing room at the end of that morning session I said to Aamir in Punjabi, ‘What the hell was that’.

“But before Aaamir had the chance to answer my question, Salman Butt interrupted from across the dressing room, saying: ‘I told him to do it because the batsman was coming on the front foot. I told him to come forward and bowl him a bouncer’.”
Afridi, Waqar, Najam?s statements confirm doubts on trio | Sport | DAWN.COM

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can we at least get rid of the 'Fresh' bit? Like 10 times I've seen this thread as the most recenty posted thread and thought "not again".

smash84

The Tiger King
can we at least get rid of the 'Fresh' bit? Like 10 times I've seen this thread as the most recenty posted thread and thought "not again".
LOL.....so true spikey..............the "fresh" makes it look like some more breaking news coming up :)