• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

brockley

International Captain
The icc ivestigating the first test oz and pakistan according to the sydney morning herald.
Alleged their 2 sets of fixers in the pakistani camp.

smash84

The Tiger King
True

I wouldn't say people accept it, Pakistani media is really nailing any gov. official or otherwise caught in the act and the SC is taking a lot of cases of corruption. The problem is that these people are too strong and well backed by political parties and strong mafias..people have no other choice but to bribe to get their stuff done...you can only do so much to raise a voice against corruption but at the end of the day you are against very strong and influential people and in the end you just don't have a choice but to get on with it.....

Agreed. Almost daily hundreds of cases are being uncovered of people indulging in corruption openly but with a toothless and partial judiciary (also to add without any real support from the executive branch) but nobody can do anything because it is all the crooks who have the power. I personally know people who don't want to indulge in giving bribes but they are forced to otherwise their daily tasks would not get completed.

And I so don't agree with this culture of denial that is so pervasive in our society. Always it has to be the fault of either the former colonial masters, or the Americans, or the Indians. We never tend to look inwards.

I read that Ian Botham supports a ban on Pakistan cricket. I don't like that man too much but for once I am tempted to support his suggestion. I don't mind a South Africa sort of exile for Pakistan. After that either Pakistan will come out as a VERY VERY strong cricket team or the game will die a quiet death in this country. I know that it is a drastic suggestion but like not holding matches in Pakistan is the right solution at the moment. Taking Pakistan out of international cricket might be a good solution as well.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Is there anyway to destroy the PCB without banning Pakistani cricket?
Yes....destroy the government. Support the opposition and lobby against PPP....the chief and a huge number of PCB officials would be sacked right away as soon as the new election is announced because PPP would be able to show majority in the Parliament without PML....but it wouldn't be long before this government is going to collapse....Military is not happy with this government and when the Pak Military is not happy that is not good....MQM is already talking about military intervention in a legal manner to make drastic changes in the government...meaning collapsing the current Zardari and Co....you never know..this may happen even before the WC....

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Agreed. Almost daily hundreds of cases are being uncovered of people indulging in corruption openly but with a toothless and partial judiciary (also to add without any real support from the executive branch) but nobody can do anything because it is all the crooks who have the power. I personally know people who don't want to indulge in giving bribes but they are forced to otherwise their daily tasks would not get completed.

And I so don't agree with this culture of denial that is so pervasive in our society. Always it has to be the fault of either the former colonial masters, or the Americans, or the Indians. We never tend to look inwards.
Top comments. Couldn't have said it any better....although i wouldn't count out everything with regards to the foreign intrusion in certain things but for the major part it is us...

I read that Ian Botham supports a ban on Pakistan cricket. I don't like that man too much but for once I am tempted to support his suggestion. I don't mind a South Africa sort of exile for Pakistan. After that either Pakistan will come out as a VERY VERY strong cricket team or the game will die a quiet death in this country. I know that it is a drastic suggestion but like not holding matches in Pakistan is the right solution at the moment. Taking Pakistan out of international cricket might be a good solution as well.
No, just no.....

colin1412

Cricket Spectator
I worry about crikets integrity

Yeah, would be extremely disappointed if they were let back in while these allegations remain unresolved.
we used to say its not cricket until the allegations against players - we need to get to the bottom of the allegations - as in football any player found guilty of fixing a result should get a life ban. Im not saying anyone has fixed a result that is up to the ICC and police. Any player accused of fixing a result should immediately request to be relieved of his position within the team pending the results of an investigation -its not fair on anyone to continue whith the swod of damacles hanging over them

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't necessarily agree with the idea of banning Pakistan, but there has to be some sort of gap or delay before they play again. Things can't just continue on as they have been, and we just roll into another series involving Pakistan. I'm not sure about their planned tours over the next months, but there has to be a bit of time to take stock, and sort things out.

The best idea that I can think of is an ICC-led body reconstructing cricket and sending in their own selection panel, a team manager who travels with them, with appropriate cricketing experience and knowledge to ensure the respect of the players whom they would deal with.

AaronK

State Regular
wow
I have been away from this website for a while now.. I just couldn't wait for this moment so i come to this website and share afew words with you guys here

I want to take this time and say sorry to all English fans, English Cricketers, English Cricket board and in general all the cricket lovers around the world.. clearly the words of MR Ass (Butt) may have hurt you all and I in behave of him and his clowns around him am sorry to all of you..

Now i am not going to propose that a ban on Pakistan cricket is a well deserved chistisment for the actions of some pakistani players and officials..because we all have seen over the years that Pakistani cricketers have so much to offer if they play the game clean and controversy free.. with that said and done.. we should find the reason why such talented cricketers find away to get involved in controversies..and we need to get rid of those reasons instead of taking away cricket from them and from a nation in which cricket is the only source of entertainment..

i personally believe that over the years, PCB has been pretty weak and it is their weakness that could be the main reason for all the pak cricket troubles. so I propose a ban on pakistan cricket until the current adminstration and system of cricket is changed in pakistan..

once it is changed then the ban should be overturned.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't necessarily agree with the idea of banning Pakistan, but there has to be some sort of gap or delay before they play again. Things can't just continue on as they have been, and we just roll into another series involving Pakistan. I'm not sure about their planned tours over the next months, but there has to be a bit of time to take stock, and sort things out.

The best idea that I can think of is an ICC-led body reconstructing cricket and sending in their own selection panel, a team manager who travels with them, with appropriate cricketing experience and knowledge to ensure the respect of the players whom they would deal with.
Yeah, I agree that a bit of a break to sort thing out is required. There should be a proper investigation to try to clear everything up. What worries me is that there is neither outraged 'we're clean, how dare you accuse us' nor 'we're appalled and embarrassed that players may have been fixing matches and we're going to throw the book at any players/management involved'.

As for the ICC, it's a good idea but not one I can see Pakistan agreeing to. I was listening to one of the ICC bods and he was saying the ICC really only has the power to offer help to member countries, but has no power to force them to take it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is there anyway to destroy the PCB without banning Pakistani cricket?
heard in the news today ICC is pushing for former ICC president Ehsan Mani to be the next chairman of PCB.Don't see it happening as long as cricket makes money in Pakistan you will always have incompetent politicians around.,

slugger

State Vice-Captain
there just seems to be no level of professionalism from PCB. Its like watching a stroppy child stop picking on me, stop picking on me..