Cricket Player Manager
Page 49 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Why on earth is Ronnie Flanagan running the show? How bizarre. Perhaps his experience of allegations of corruption will come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Icon7

Pakistan blames ICC President Sharad Pawar for ICC action against tainted trio

The Pakistan High Commissioner to UK, Wajid Shamsul Hasan, has sought to insinuate that ICC president Sharad Pawar has a hand in that decision.

Read Full Story - Pakistan blames Pawar for ICC action against tainted trio

Really pathetic, Pakistan = Allegations, Conspiracy Theories.

Wajid Shamsul Hasan Removed Asif Zardari Swiss Case Evidence in Geneva

High Commissioner for Pakistan to the UK, Mr. Wajid Shamsul Hasan is dubious character, has no Integrity. All part of President Asif Ali Zardari's corruption.

Why draggin India or Indians into it ? this is getting beyond joke now!

Is there anything going wrong in Pakistan that is not linked to RAW/Mossad/CIA ?
    Last edited by angad; 03-09-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    This crap is pathetic. It would be an absolute joke if the players were allowed to continue playing whilst they're under investigation.
    ​63*

Pinball Champion!
    I wonder how the police have managed to prove that the video was made before the no-balls were bowled?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Banned
    Well, the ICC have suspended the three cricketers, so they won't be playing any cricket for now....

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    I wonder how the police have managed to prove that the video was made before the no-balls were bowled?
    The police haven't proved anything yet.

But if it comes to proving it, they'll start with the content of the video itself, from which it's blindingly obvious that it pre-dated the no balls.

They'll then see what Majeed has had to say, and what the players have had to say. The suggestions are that they're not going to deny that the tape was made before the no-balls. The police will also have evidence from the guy who made the video. There may also be electronic evidence demonstrating when the tape was made, and evidence from others at the paper who saw it prior to the day in question. But frankly given the contents of the video, you hardly need that additional stuff.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    It is just too unthinkable that they got this guy Majid to say all this AFTER events happened and set himself up to be prosecuted... As the saying goes, when you hear the hoofs beat, think of horses, not some avatar animals..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

There is no such saying.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    well, I did make up the last part But it does go as "when you hear hoofs beat, think of horses", I think.. Seen it used a few times somewhere.. can't recall.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Surely all the police have to do is to prove the date of the video as to whether the players are guilty or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

There is no bathroom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    well, I did make up the last part But it does go as "when you hear hoofs beat, think of horses", I think.. Seen it used a few times somewhere.. can't recall.
    Yea it's a fairly common expression, been used on Scrubs I think. The usual saying is think horses not zebras.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 03-09-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    News repots are saying here that part of the £150k paid by the News of the World was found INSIDE some of Butts belongings when the police searched it

Not looking good for him at all, he could be facing actual jail time if that sort of evidence is indeed true.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Pretty easy one, that. If the video was made after the no-balls were bowled, why was the players' agent predicting when the no-balls were going to happen - ie talking about what was going to happen, in the future tense? Unless the players' agent was setting them up in a way that was going to get himself in a world of trouble, which seems pretty implausible to me.

There's some real clutching at straws going on here. Predictable, of course, but that's what it is: clutching at straws.
    you are getting your panties in a twist, this is not clutching at straws, this is asking for due process - there is no reason for the PCB to automatically accept the video, ofcourse it looks bad and the majority of people have made their minds up, none the less the issue of due process and verification remains....

Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    you are getting your panties in a twist, this is not clutching at straws, this is asking for due process - there is no reason for the PCB to automatically accept the video, ofcourse it looks bad and the majority of people have made their minds up, none the less the issue of due process and verification remains....
    You do that behind closed doors. You don't ramble on it about it endlessly when confronted by the media, it's just utterly amateurish.

Page 49 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread Information