• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Matt79

Global Moderator
This is journalism of the lowest order. I really feel for Hameed, to record general conversations like this, and the amount of copies the newspaper will sell tom, Hameed should definitely sue them. Poor guy had to go around news channels denying it, coulda waited a few hours, the video isnt a bad reflection on him at all.
How is it poor journalism? Did they trick him into saying these things? The guy was happy to come clean over the dinner table, motivated by bitterness more than anything else, and is now trying to deny ever saying this, despite being on video.

It's bloody good investigative journalism. Puts the ICC to shame for their 'efforts' to stamp out this kind of corruption. Shooting the messenger to attack the NOTW in this case, methinks.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How is it poor journalism? Did they trick him into saying these things? The guy was happy to come clean over the dinner table, motivated by bitterness more than anything else, and is now trying to deny ever saying this, despite being on video.

It's bloody good investigative journalism. Puts the ICC to shame for their 'efforts' to stamp out this kind of corruption. Shooting the messenger to attack the NOTW in this case, methinks.
It might be good investigative journalism but it seems dirty and underhanded as hell.

Craig

World Traveller
Since when has Yasir Hameed been considered one of the world's finest batsmen? You know I have never him up there with the likes of Kallis, Tendulkar, Clarke, Chanderpaul, Ponting, Sehwag, Sangakkara, Jayawardene etc. at any stage of his time playing international cricket.

Don't think his family rates him that high.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
???? | Almost Every Match Is Fixed

lol...you can tell Hameed did not say anything which would be taken as an interview...lol..they were video taping a table talk only..cheap ****...and he was only referring to the news reports that he was reading....and this can not constitute anything as an interview or an official statement.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Since when has Yasir Hameed been considered one of the world's finest batsmen? You know I have never him up there with the likes of Kallis, Tendulkar, Clarke, Chanderpaul, Ponting, Sehwag, Sangakkara, Jayawardene etc. at any stage of his time playing international cricket.

How come you mentioned Tendulkar before ponting

Noble One

I found that part of the article quite amusing. Hameed is also bemused about being dropped from the Test side despite having an average of 38. Now when did 38 become a good enough average to guarantee a Test spot? Especially with an average boosted largely by scoring the majority of your runs against the Bangla's.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I found that part of the article quite amusing. Hameed is also bemused about being dropped from the Test side despite having an average of 38. Now when did 38 become a good enough average to guarantee a Test spot? Especially with an average boosted largely by scoring the majority of your runs against the Bangla's.
His Test average is also 32

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sorry but that Yasir Hameed "interview" is pure crap. He obviously did not know he was being taped, nor did he even know he was being interviewed. Any statement he makes is just pure speculation on his part (aside from being offered money to throw a match). When the guy asked him "are you sure that almost every match is fixed", Yasir responded "God knows, that's what the reports say". So he's guessing like the rest of us. Now that's not to say that his guess is wrong, just that it's not any kind of a smoking gun that NOTW is making it out to be. One thing's for sure, his career is ****ed.

Faisal1985

Sorry but that Yasir Hameed "interview" is pure crap. He obviously did not know he was being taped, nor did he even know he was being interviewed. Any statement he makes is just pure speculation on his part (aside from being offered money to throw a match). When the guy asked him "are you sure that almost every match is fixed", Yasir responded "God knows, that's what the reports say". So he's guessing like the rest of us. Now that's not to say that his guess is wrong, just that it's not any kind of a smoking gun that NOTW is making it out to be. One thing's for sure, his career is ****ed.
Also the way the translation is done on the bottom..it doesn't really reflect what he is saying...he is just boasting and nothing else...you know how buddies boast and talk big among mates.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hameed also dramatically claimed that another game had been thrown. Talking about fixed matches, he said: "The ICC Champion Trophy, Rose Bowl, we lost a match against West Indies, do you remember?" That was a semi-final game in 2004 at The Rose Bowl in Southampton. :-O

The West Indies won the match by seven wickets despite posting just 132 runs. Pakistan capitulated to 131 all out.
:laugh::laugh:

What does he mean by "despite posting just 132 runs"?

Xuhaib

International Coach

It looks poor because the guy is not giving an interview and it seems that he is just having a casual chat with a friend or someone will not be surprised if a close aide have duped him and he is also just speculating like the rest of us based on news in the media.

Craig

World Traveller
How come you mentioned Tendulkar before ponting
SRT >>>>> Ponting for mine :ph34r:

And his claim that he would be the captain of nearly every other Test team :laugh:

Sir Alex

Banned

It is not. Basically you are saying papparazzis are the best journalists in the world. Hameed maynot be willing to go public because of many reasons, ncluding potential threats on his life and those of his family members. Blatant abuse of confidentiality.

Sir Alex

Banned
Word... rubbish journalism that from NOTW. Putting things into his mouth.

R_D

International Debutant
So why does it matter whether that was a offical interview or not?

:laugh: Either way.. i hope mr Hameed has good reason for not reporting these supposed interactions with bookies to ICC anti-corruption units..... or Might be in bit of **** for breaking the ICC code of conduct..

jashan83

U19 Captain
I am amazed at how the pakistani establishment is denying everything..........It's an open secret that these things happen....more funny were the comments of pakistani high commissioner where he says "Players are absolutely innocent, they haven't done anything. Majeed is a bookie and but players din know that. They have taken money from him. But that money is for some sponsorship deal (Now who takes cash for sponsorship deals). And behind all this thing are India (Favourite escape in both India and Pakistan, blame each other for everything :P )". It is true Indian Bookie have a role but twisting the things and be in an illusion to say things which suit themselves. I am sure PCB officials are also equally involved. Shocking. I hope the game come over this greatest threat due to some greedy people.

Hameed said one very right thing "The crook is the person who get's caught". I believe with the Huge money involved such people are not limited to one team but across all 10 Test Teams. Whether it is England or India or Pakistan 1.5 M Pounds for spot fixing is a lot of money in any part of the world

Last edited: