Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    To make an analogy, if I plagarize or make up only one line in a scientific paper: A) I will never publish again, and B) that paper would be completely removed, and all most past papers would be scrutinized and under suspicion.

I don't see why this Test should be allowed to stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yup, this would end only if there is a more equitable distribution of match fees and salaries amongst Test players.
    True.

Still, all involved players must be banned for life. I agree with what you are saying, but this can't be given as an excuse.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Who gives a **** whether it stands or not. Bigger things to worry about here.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    exactly

Well, it's not like anyone will disagree on bans for life, etc......

To make an analogy, if I plagarize or make up only one line in a scientific paper: A) I will never publish again, and B) that paper would be completely removed, and all most past papers would be scrutinized and under suspicion.

I don't see why this Test should be allowed to stand.
    Were any of the matches that Azharuddin and Cronje were found to have fixed wiped from the records?

Gutted about the news that Amir is involved, however I'd be completely in favour of a life ban from the sport for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Were any of the matches that Azharuddin and Cronje were found to have fixed wiped from the records?

Gutted about the news that Amir is involved, however I'd be completely in favour of a life ban from the sport for all involved.
    I don't think so, but they should be.

Cricinfo understands from a source close to the investigation that a sum of 25,000 was found in the room of one of the Pakistan players, with further sums of 3000-4000 found on two other players. The source also confirmed that Mazheer was known to the team, but in an informal capacity.

School Boy/Girl Captain WorcsRoyal's Avatar
    News travels fast, somebody's already decided to put the story on Aamer's wiki

Yup, this would end only if there is a more equitable distribution of match fees and salaries amongst Test players.
    I'm not convinced it's about equity or fairness. It's not really about Pakistan players being paid less than English or Australians. It's just that they're paid so much less than they could make from match-fixing.

International 12th Man
    If you read some of the other articles on the NOTW website they've published tonight there are allegations that go much further than just the current test match and 'just' no-balls. The reporter asked the guy they pulled the sting on about previous match-fixing and betting and he brings up the Sydney test this winter where a certain player who has been named made a few 'mistakes'. Obviously can't be 100% proven as there is no direct video evidence as there is with the no-balls in this test, but still...

The guy also alleges that Afridi was disliked by the players because he was 'too honest' and that his syndicates have decided to stop fixing matches because they like the current captain and don't want him to lose the job so soon.

This is just repeating some of what has been published on the NOTW site, and I have tried to be suitably vague but if the mods feel this has to be deleted for libel protection reasons then I understand.
    Last edited by pskov; 28-08-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Feel bad for Trott and Broad now. Even if the game isn't taken from the record, a massive taint on their day+ of hard work and graft, through no fault of their own.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    I'm not convinced it's about equity or fairness. It's not really about Pakistan players being paid less than English or Australians. It's just that they're paid so much less than they could make from match-fixing.
    If you make a million dollars from salary, you're much less likely to accept $100k for match fixing and ruin your future.

If you make $50k from salary...that $100k looks a lot more tempting.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    TBH I'm just trying to come up with quality sledges for Matt Prior tomorrow.
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pskov View Post
    The reporter asked the guy they pulled the sting on about previous match-fixing and betting and he brings up the Sydney test this winter where a certain wicketkeeper who has been named made a few 'mistakes'.
    Wow....

Interesting point, that.

Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information