Page 35 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Really struggling to get my head round this whole situation. Find it hard to believe that Amir would be willing to take a measly 20k to bowl a few no balls and jeopardise his entire career.
    As some of the links over the last few pages show, this is a much bigger issue than it appears on the surface and looks to be running a lot deeper than the Pakistan cricket team or even just the PCB.
    This could only be the beginning of the discoveries in terms of the circumstances that led to Amir's no balls and the corruption currently surrounding the Pakistan national side.

Frankly it's ****ing nuts, and the fact the tour is continuing can only make the situation more difficult surely?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Bailed until September.
    When did this happen? I can't recall if he played against Australia or in this series.

Please tell me that someone on bail facing allegations such as this was not allowed to play while the matter is dealt with.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Cricket match-fixing | Pakistan

It's reported that Haddin was the player approached during last years T20, and that Watson was approached in London last year. Scary that it's all so open, just walking up to a player in a bar!
    Haddin was on the radio here this morning. He confirmed all that and also said he was in his room ona tour of England when a bloke knocked on his hotel room door at 11 pm, he was from the subcontinent. He asked Haddin out for dinner, said he wanted to talk cricket and just said he would buy him dinner.

Haddin closed the door in his face and contacted team management, apparently.

Bizarre, scary too.

But he should have had a feed with Sachin, that's just rude.
    Last edited by Burgey; 30-08-2010 at 05:09 PM.

All these reasons being given for why a player from pakistan would take cash just make it more obviously they shouldn't be playing international cricket to me. If it's all so shady and so much crime involved the solution isn't to be lenient its to not put them in a position to corrupt the game and ban them until it's all sorted out. A new crop of players will just turn out the same and in another 5 years it'll be another match fixing scandal.

International 12th Man
    Sky Sports News has been reshowing the fluffs Kamran Akmal made in the Sydney test earlier this year. I knew they were bad at the time, but had forgotten just how appallingly shocking the Hussey run-out miss was. With what has been revealed it is now really difficult for me to not believe that something very dodgy was going on in that match.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    When did this happen? I can't recall if he played against Australia or in this series.

Please tell me that someone on bail facing allegations such as this was not allowed to play while the matter is dealt with.
    Essex Cricketers Danish Kaneria And Mervyn Westfield Arrested In Spot-Fixing Probe | UK News | Sky News

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    It is good get comments from someone who has seen Pakistan Cricket from very close in the midst of the noises of "Ban them", "Cheats" blah blah blah.

Pakistan Cricket needs help from ICC not a ban.
    Of course if they were banned from international cricket, there would be no reason for the bookies/kidnappers to take an interest in them.

Probably sounds cold, but realistically there's nothing the ICC or world cricket can do to fix the kind of issue Lawson describes. Letting them play doesn't sound like it is particularly helping the guys in the Pakistan team (other than the ones corruptly getting rich) and it's seriously damaging the sport.
    Last edited by Matt79; 30-08-2010 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Cricinfo calling upcoming matches "fixtures" has suddenly taken on a whole new meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    But he should have had a feed with Sachin, that's just rude.
    taking the name of our lord in vain...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Just incredible the amount of hate speeches going on in this thread.....people want to murder Pak cricket all together....just goes on to show what you really feel about Pakistan and its people..pure hate and nothing else...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Just incredible the amount of hate speeches going on in this thread.....people want to murder Pak cricket all together....just goes on to show what you really feel about Pakistan and its people..pure hate and nothing else...
    No. These sort of completely unfounded statements do nothing at all for the conversation and are completely inappropriate. Consider this a warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Faisal, dude you're talking bollocks champ.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    So i don't have the right to express my feelings about some posts being made here? Is that so?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    So i don't have the right to express my feelings about some posts being made here? Is that so?
    You're more than welcome to express your feelings, but you're definitely not welcome to claim that everyone posting in this thread hates Pakistan and the Pakistani people, especially when it's clear that that is miles away from the truth. Saying that the Pakistani cricket team is a mess and drastic action needs to be taken in no way equates to saying that we hate Pakistan.

Thread Information