• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Matt79

Global Moderator
Unless they're complete idiots, NOTW will have taken steps to prove the date - continuous to the video of the fix also film something that can't be faked and proves the date - a playing radio/tv show etc, and then established a trail to track the integrity of the tape as evidence. They've been sued enough to know the tricks a decent lawyer will try.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is very well possible that this man was close to Pakistani players and did all this for money. How can you rule that out?? In essence his crime is small that is why he is being released on bail...he probably knew that....

The evidence when it comes in front with all those taped calls or what not then talk to me...not now...at this point...nothing is proven and if nothing comes forward in the questions that i am raising then in my books this was a cheap move on the English media's part.

Well you can accept it but i can't until i have answers to my questions....if they are found guilty beyond a doubt by all means punishment must be rendered.
Mate, his crime is not small at all. It's very serious in fact. The fact that he's out on bail doesn't represent the seriousness of the alleged crime, just that he's satisfied the bail considerations.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Faisal1985, you're setting yourself up for an even bigger heart break.

As Fusion said, better off accepting they're cheats, dish out a proportionate sanction which is set in stone, sending no mixed messages.

With these cheats out of the game, you can then start the long long road to rebuilding the credibility of Pakistan cricket.
I would suggest you also stop calling them cheats until its proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The whole case is being built on the basis of a video. So far that is all we have seen other then another car video and then where the fixer is handing over the jacket....the faces are next to unclear.

I don't have any doubt that this is very weak legal case in a court and i am not worried about a conviction based on just the evidence that NOTW has provided so far to the public as well. If anyone of these evidence is found to be wrong or corrupt the whole credibility of the remainder of the proof will also be questioned. All in all in my opinion this is a weak case and i am talking legally not emotionally.

What is more striking is why the fixer is setting up the bundles of cash on his table like that? Its almost like he is trying to make sure that the camera catches the cash as well...

Athlai

Not Terrible
That's just some idiotic lawyer filing a case so he can get some cheap publicity. The case will be dismissed. They're unlikely to face prison time, much less the death penalty.
The implications of it are a bit more alarming, considering some of the hostile elements that operate in Pakistan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I would suggest you also stop calling them cheats until its proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The whole case is being built on the basis of a video. So far that is all we have seen other then another car video and then where the fixer is handing over the jacket....the faces are next to unclear.

I don't have any doubt that this is very weak legal case in a court and i am not worried about a conviction based on just the evidence that NOTW has provided so far to the public as well. If anyone of these evidence is found to be wrong or corrupt the whole credibility of the remainder of the proof will also be questioned. All in all in my opinion this is a weak case and i am talking legally not emotionally.

What is more striking is why the fixer is setting up the bundles of cash on his table like that? Its almost like he is trying to make sure that the camera catches the cash as well...
Mate the whole case is wider than the video, that just brought it to the public spectrum.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
..........there's also the allegations so far that bags of marked notes given to the fixer has found it's way into the pakistan players hotel room. They don't just release all the info being used in an investigation either. Pakistan will need to handle these players carefully if they are found guilty aswell, sites are saying people are protesting, burning effigies and throwing things at donkeys with players names on them. With the climate over there they will have to make sure the players are safe from harm on their return.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Mate, his crime is not small at all. It's very serious in fact. The fact that he's out on bail doesn't represent the seriousness of the alleged crime, just that he's satisfied the bail considerations.
So how serious is it? Max 5 years prison and 5k fine..that is as far as i know the punishment for defrauding the bookies.... If its his first crime then forget about even 1 year of jail time...he might be given some community service and the fine and no jail time what so ever....

Faisal1985

Mate the whole case is wider than the video, that just brought it to the public spectrum.
That's is my concern. We are passing judgments here based on videos and percieving them as cheats when we don't even know the whole case....ALL we know is the videos...then why call them cheats just yet....?

Why jump the gun and start calling for the elimination of Pak team, life bans etc. etc...what is all that non sense...?

benchmark00

So how serious is it? Max 5 years prison and 5k fine..that is as far as i know the punishment for defrauding the bookies.... If its his first crime then forget about even 1 year of jail time...he might be given some community service and the fine and no jail time what so ever....
Mate, stick to what you know. And I can tell you the law is not one of them.

Faisal1985

..........there's also the allegations so far that bags of marked notes given to the fixer has found it's way into the pakistan players hotel room. They don't just release all the info being used in an investigation either. Pakistan will need to handle these players carefully if they are found guilty aswell, sites are saying people are protesting, burning effigies and throwing things at donkeys with players names on them. With the climate over there they will have to make sure the players are safe from harm on their return.
Recently the same people who are burning these effigies and putting names on donkey's stood in a huge crowd form. This crowd also included a whole lot of police officers in uniforms and on duty.

In the center of the crowd there was an innocent young boy being beaten to death based on an "ALLEGATION" that he murdered a man. This boy and his brother were "ACCUSED" of killing someone...both the brothers were beaten with a stick to death. There skulls were crushed and the same public was standing there.

You can watch all of it on the youtube...type in Sialkot brutal killings or something like that.

And then we found out that they were innocent to the fullest and were playing cricket near the house where the killing took place...one of the injured person named these 2 brothers as murders...

So your allegations script is useless unless there is solid evidence of everything. I know the cops don't release everything...but until they do....i would not call for these players heads....whether its a Pakistani fan or not...

Top_Cat

Thought I'd bring to light another revelation. I thought the picture looked a bit weird so, using Photoshop, I zoomed in on one of Salman Butt's jacket buttons. I think this shocking image speaks for itself.

Conspiracy, through the looking glass, etc.

pasag

RTDAS
It is very well possible that this man was close to Pakistani players and did all this for money. How can you rule that out?? In essence his crime is small that is why he is being released on bail...he probably knew that....

The evidence when it comes in front with all those taped calls or what not then talk to me...not now...at this point...nothing is proven and if nothing comes forward in the questions that i am raising then in my books this was a cheap move on the English media's part.

Well you can accept it but i can't until i have answers to my questions....if they are found guilty beyond a doubt by all means punishment must be rendered.
The severity of the crime, as I understand it has little to do with him being released on bail. Basically what's happening is he's being released whilst the police build up their case and formally charge him.

BTW this sort of straw clutching is exactly what Pakistan doesn't need. They need to acknowledge there is a serious problem and clean house. As long as the self-denials and delusions continue, nothing will be done.

Faisal1985

Unless they're complete idiots, NOTW will have taken steps to prove the date - continuous to the video of the fix also film something that can't be faked and proves the date - a playing radio/tv show etc, and then established a trail to track the integrity of the tape as evidence. They've been sued enough to know the tricks a decent lawyer will try.
What about the cameras that are used in today's day and age...the digital ones with Hard Drives and memory sticks and other such storage devices. It is quite easy to change the date of the camera and instead of 27th of August or 28th of August change it back to 25th...it is almost impossible to figure out what day it was filmed..because at the end of the day it is software that can be changed.

pasag

RTDAS
Thought I'd bring to light another revelation. I thought the picture looked a bit weird so, using Photoshop, I zoomed in on one of Salman Butt's jacket buttons. I think this shocking image speaks for itself.

Conspiracy, through the looking glass, etc.
:laugh:

Faisal1985

The severity of the crime, as I understand it has little to do with him being released on bail. Basically what's happening is he's being released whilst the police build up their case and formally charge him.

BTW this sort of straw clutching is exactly what Pakistan doesn't need. They need to acknowledge there is a serious problem and clean house. As long as the self-denials and delusions continue, nothing will be done.
Its neither a self denial nor is a delusion, i just find it to be a very weak legal case as well as a cheap attempt by English media until it is black and white that these players did this...especially when Amir is being accused i have got questions before everyone calls for there heads....

Yes there are problems and no one denies that..there were problems in SA, even like Sanz mentioned in another thread with Essex and no such attacks were launched on anyone and ECB barely said anything about Essex county...i can't accept that people ask for Pakistani player's heads when nothing is even proven yet...

bagapath

International Captain
it is quite disturbing to see the pakistan captain and accused players acting defensive in this case. if i were salman butt i would have opened the press conference by telling the press that the allegations are total crap and no bloody newspaper or any one could **** with my integrity. i would assure the cricket watching public that i play to win and i put my team above everything else and no one could ever buy me or my players. i would ask amir and asif to assure them the no balls were genuine mistakes and these kind of mistakes happen all the time in cricket. i would promise them a good fight back in the one dayers and ask everyone to trust me, captain of the pakistan national cricket team, instead of some nameless bookie and a grainy video.

he didn't do any of this. all the players walked to the ground like the accused enter the court house. they stared at the ground and no one had the guts to look up. salman butt avoided talking about the sydney test. he didn't aggressively challenge the allegations. amir looks and acts guilty. they are not angry they have been called cheats. i don't like the smell.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Agreed. Cheats are people who break the rules to get a headstart over their opponents in the match. What these guys did isn't cheating, it's much, much worse.

If you can't convict for this then you might as well pack up the legal system and bring on anarchy. This is about as redhanded as it gets.

How else do you count large stacks of money? It's not like the movies where you take one look at a suitcase full of cash, nod, and drive away.

pasag

RTDAS
Its neither a self denial nor is a delusion, i just find it to be a very weak legal case as well as a cheap attempt by English media until it is black and white that these players did this...especially when Amir is being accused i have got questions before everyone calls for there heads....

Yes there are problems and no one denies that..there were problems in SA, even like Sanz mentioned in another thread with Essex and no such attacks were launched on anyone and ECB barely said anything about Essex county...i can't accept that people ask for Pakistani player's heads when nothing is even proven yet...