Page 134 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2070
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    this thread really needs a title change.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Mods can interfere here and change it, if needed.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

Done.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    News of the World falls. Now what would be the legitimacy of their evidence with the newly unfolding saga? Are Pakistani's going to jump on the occasion and file an appeal?

Anyone who knows about the situation.
    Seems a sensible step to consider. I don't think it would get them anywhere though. They were found guilty by a judicial panel that was quite independent of the filth at the NOTW, and I doubt the panel was under the illusion that the NOTW were paragons of virtue even then.
    Last edited by zaremba; 18-07-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Yeah, I don't think the NOTW had much evidence to begin with, but since then it's gone through all the proper channels - police, courts, etc - so I doubt the prosecution was relying on what the paper had to say by the end.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    If they'd run the "NOTW are lying dishonest bastards and are making it all up" defence then their lawyers would be getting very excited, trouble is I don't believe they did, but then I've tried to avoid tittle tattle and keep an open mind 'cos I still haven't given up hope of getting instructed by one of them so come on boys, be sensible, one of you needs to sack your legal team and get Fertang & Co on board - please email us at info@cricketweb.net

Thank you

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    It could affect the court case (obviously the jury will be influenced by the recent events). However it won't affect the ICC case because they don't need the standard/quality of proof required by the British courts.

So in essence Butt, Asif and Amir remain ****ed.

Does anyone know when the court case will start?

Given that they've had a judicial trial that's found them guilty, if Asif and Aamir seek to use this as an opportunity to question their bans, I hope they get a 5 year extension free of cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Given that they've had a judicial trial that's found them guilty, if Asif and Aamir seek to use this as an opportunity to question their bans, I hope they get a 5 year extension free of cost.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Butt admits to fixing, apologizes

And the award for the most insincere apology goes to...**** off and stay away ****.
    Last edited by Fusion; 28-06-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    hendrix likes this.

The ICC have to keep this guy out of cricket for good if they want to help stamp out corruption, if they did it would send a very ominous message to anyone who becomes involved in fixing. The apology means nothing, nor the admittance, I have no idea why it didn't come earlier...
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

So the ICC have set up a panel to review Amir's ban. The 5 years minimum will stay in place but they might allow him to train using the PCB's facilities.

Pakistan Cricket News: Mohammad Amir could be allowed PCB training facilities | ESPN Cricinfo

He should also be allowed to play county cricket since he has been to jail and served the ban for a few years now & not to mention the fact that he admitted his guilt initially, cooperated fully, was apologetic/remourseful and was a victim of more corrupt people.

It's also unfair that Westfield gets to play county cricket after 3 years of serving his ban (of 5 years) while Amir doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

TNT
    U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    He should also be allowed to play county cricket since he has been to jail and served the ban for a few years now & not to mention the fact that he admitted his guilt initially, cooperated fully, was apologetic/remourseful and was a victim of more corrupt people.

Did he? I thought he pleaded not guilty to the ICC tribunal.
    If you nick it walk

Danish Kaneria has also had his life ban appeal thrown out

Thread Information