• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

smash84

The Tiger King
To be honest I didn't care what punishment the courts gave them (especially with all the time off for good behaviour stuff), the only punishment I think should've been life bans, it's the only way to show players that this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable.
Fair enough if that is your view on this but that doesn't make the age irrelevant in the overall scheme of things i suppose.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
17 is young, especially when considering that he was trapped into it by seniors. First time offence, 17, trapped and pressurised; they should all be valid reasons to show leniency.

And no one was defrauded. They were going to place with this one being an example.
17 isn't young. Young players get plenty of anti-corruption training at ICC events.

Amir knew what he was getting into was shady. Therefore he should take his punishment like the rest of them.

brockley

International Captain
The Aamir investigation is over.
The investigation in2 Chennai is the 1 which will be the biggest match fixing case since Salim Malik and Azzuruddin.