• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

DingDong

State Captain
disgusting.

why would aamir get involved? he had the whole world at his feet

yeah this problem is bigger than a few players, banning pak from cricket is the best way to go

DingDong

State Captain
How have I taken this off topic?

I have said it's a much bigger problem than just this one instance

I know for a FACT that the tensports crew ALL believe that something fishy happened in the third test match of that series and I merely passed that on.

I will reiterate my point this is a much bigger issue than some on here who continue to bury their heads in the sand believe

But if this post is unreasonable please say and I'll stop posting asap
STOP POSTING AND GO AWAY PLs

Sir Alex

Banned
The sickest part is I used to stay up in the US all night just to see some awesome fast bowling displays from Pakistan.

I'm not even a Pakistani fan and I feel betrayed - can't imagine how Pakistani fans feel. So disgusted.
This...

Just when I thought Pakistan had turned a corner...

Feel betrayed by them, and if proven, Aamer, and would've destroyed any confidence I'd have on any Pakistan cricketer in future..

Quaggas

State Captain
Why would it seem hypocritical? In all honesty, I would have thought grass-roots cricket would be pretty severely disrupted at the moment anyway due to the disaster over there. (That's not a justification for doing it - I think it should be done regardless - but I don't see that 'harm to grass roots cricket' is a compelling reason not to ban them).

If anything, forcing them to get a proper management would in the long term undoubtedly be the best thing for cricket at all levels, and I think they need to be sat out of international cricket while/for that to occur.
Of course the kid trying to play stick ball when his home is washed away by a flood and the country is wracked by a terrible war deserves a clean national team. But it's up his Government (and his fellow citizens) to bring this about, not some hack with a big stick at the ICC.

And mind, we're still stuck at 2 or 3 no balls by 2 bowlers, one of whom is a kid, a couple of seniors and administrators, not the entire team and bureaucratic apparatus.

The PCB and its masters may have seemed laughably inept at times, but that's no crime.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
First thing i thought when i saw that no ball was that it looked abit sus. Even the commentators reactions sounded abit odd to me. When i saw the headlines this morning i couldn't help but feel sick of everything pakistan is bringing to the game lately. Can they have a single series without controversie? Can the people running cricket in the country do a single thing that doesn't reek of corruption and leave everyone questioning their motives?
Pakistan's whole cricket body needs investigating not just their players. Life bans for all involved and until an internal investigation is done by the icc i'd like to see them banned from international cricket pending results of the investigations.
This really annoys me as i thought pakistan could be on the right track finally with butt as captain and a young side. I also have always had doubts about Amir's age, didn't they ask one of the senoir players (mo yousuf i think?) when he was in Australia about Amir being 17-18 or whatever at the time and he said something about he is arund that age if you believe it? not sure on the quote but i rememebr the abc commentators saying he pretty much agreed he wasn't as young as everyone says (look at afridi he is older then he claims).

Does anyone else wonder how the game can continue today? Will pakistan even take the field?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why life bans are needed, I cant help but think of matches involving Pakistan for the last 3 yrs and think "that was a bit iffy"

The Pak tour of SL in 09 is one such series.
I predicate these comments on the assumption that the allegations are true.

We all know though, don't we, that if this is left to the PCB then there will be 12 month bans and they'll be playing again in 3?

I'm sorry but I'd go further than Kev here. How many chances does one outfit want? Frankly wouldn't care if they didn't play again for a long time.

Fact is there seems to be a pernicious, insidious culture in the game in Pakistan, and tbh I really wouldn't give a rat's if they didn't play again.

Sorry to the supporters who, it would seem, have been duped as much as the rest of us, if not more.

The PCB and it's team are a basket case. Happy to have someone prove me wrong, but I don't know that they will.

Tis a shame, but really, these various ridiculous events come up with Pakistan every year, be they banning players themselves for no reason, letting drug cheats play, or throwing matches.

And they wonder why the world has a quiet chuckle to itself when Pakistan complain that their "honour" had been sullied after the test at the Oval a few years back.

LOL, might we not legitimately ask "what honour?"

Spark

Global Moderator
I wonder what the English players must be feeling right now, especially Trott and Broad. This test should have been remembered for their efforts in one of the finest fightbacks in recent times but now not only will that be forgotten amongst the wreckage, but that will be under a cloud too.

I'll be interested to see what happens assuming play continues as normal today.

Lostman

State Captain
I predicate these comments on the assumption that the allegations are true.

We all know though, don't we, that if this is left to the PCB then there will be 12 month bans and they'll be playing again in 3?
This cant be left to the PCB, I think all of us understand this.
It has to come from the ACU and the ICC.
Will it is the important question? For the sake of the game I really hope that this happens. How can we as fans be expected to watch this game as a sport if not? we might as well be watching WWE.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder what the English players must be feeling right now, especially Trott and Broad. This test should have been remembered for their efforts in one of the finest fightbacks in recent times but now not only will that be forgotten amongst the wreckage, but that will be under a cloud too.

I'll be interested to see what happens assuming play continues as normal today.
Kind of makes sense now how Broad was capable of scoring so many runs :ph34r: