Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2070
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I'm not privy to all the facts of the situation and, sub judice being what it is, I don't suppose anyone else is either, but given it's been reported that both bowled no-balls at exactly the points promised by the middle man to the undercover reporter and their captain was found in possession of 38k in cash, which included notes with the same serial numbers as paid to the middle man by the NotW, it's insulting to the intelligence to say there's no proof.
    It is insulting to the intelligence, but a verdict in a legal system or a hearing in this case isn't decided on the basis of deduction, i.e. all three cheated and were caught on camera; money found on Butt; therefore Amir and Asif would also have received money.

Hard evidence must be provided that Asif and Aamir had money on them. That is why I think the CPS should not have prosecuted. However this is a hearing by the ICC and so the rules are probably different.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    She didn't say that. She asked for the Pakistani people to protest, two completely different things.
    She didn't say it directly, but that is what she seemed to be suggesting.

I watched the video, and what she is basically saying is this : "it is sad for Pakistan and Pakistanis that such a good player has been treated this harshly. The people of Pakistan should protest against this."

Make what of it you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post

I watched the video, and what she is basically saying is this : "it is sad for Pakistan and Pakistanis that such a good player has been treated this harshly. The people of Pakistan should protest against this."

It's all very subjective, but she was only appealing to her fellow citizens.

it is a farce, asif and butt should have got life bans and amir should have got 7-10 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    So the captain had cash on him,- I'm sorry but big ****ing deal

The only things we know are:

a. NOTW (hardly gospel)

b. Bowlers delivering no balls

c. No proof of any money changing hands

d. Pakistanis

Prior, Haddin and Dhoni rated a few lines but WTF, give these guys life!
    What have Prior, Haddin and Dhoni done ?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    It's all very subjective, but she was only appealing to her fellow citizens.
    That is exactly what Blaze said earlier. She is now appealing to her fellow citizens to come to the rescue of her son who had so willingly sold them off for a few measly dollars.
    Last edited by Fusion; 05-02-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Don't insult other members please.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    That is exactly what Blaze said earlier. She is now appealing to her fellow citizens to come to the rescue of her son who had so willingly sold them off for a few measly dollars.

Agent either you are not as stupid as you seem or you don't seem as stupid as you are.
    No no, Blaze said that she was playing the race card, i.e. Amir has got 5 years because he is Pakistani. I don't think she was playing the race card.

why are comments by a distressed mother whose son has just pissed on his promising career being dissected with so much scrutiny over here.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar

good question

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    why are comments by a distressed mother whose son has just pissed on his promising career being dissected with so much scrutiny over here.
    I just posted the damn video, and everybody decided to act all holier than thou by saying that she's wrong and that she shouldn't support her son because he cheated.

Banned
    As far as I know, no-one said she shouldn't support her son. She can support him in ways other than insinuating bias and/or playing the nationality card, however.

Anyways, like Xuhaib said, the words of an upset mother need not be scrutinised to this extent. Her choice of words was perhaps wrong, but it can happen to the best of people (Shoaib Malik's speech after the 2007 T20 final immediately comes to mind). In general, I think people throw the race/nationality card around way too often nowadays. The worst part is, most people readily lap it up without too much thought.

U19 Cricketer
    This is just beyond stupid, in no way was she playing the race card, that is simply a moronic assertion, it's like inverted chip on your shoulders syndrome. What you must realise was that his career represented a big opportunity for amirs family to improve their lot, now this has seemingly gone down the drain, as well as her sons prosperity and reputation, this is a fairly big and significant event and she is appealing for help, talk about creative slandering.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Don't understand people saying that the CPS shouldn't have prosecuted as there's no evidence. You people do realise that there will be evidence we aren't privy to, right??? The CPS don't go round charging people for the hell of it, (the anti-freedom party's terrorist act excluded)

And comparing it to a wicket-keeper knocking the bails off illegitimately is facile at best.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    So the captain had cash on him,- I'm sorry but big ****ing deal

The only things we know are:

a. NOTW (hardly gospel)

b. Bowlers delivering no balls

c. No proof of any money changing hands

d. Pakistanis

Prior, Haddin and Dhoni rated a few lines but WTF, give these guys life!
    You seriously suggesting there's no difference between cheating to win and deliberately underperforming to order? Sorry, but it's a completely different ball park. Where does it end? Arresting Richie McCaw for killing the ball?

& it wasn't just that Butt had a large sum of cash on him that he couldn't account for (it looks dodgy, but hardly proof of anything itself), but rather that it was the same notes that the NOTW had paid to the middle man. Now whilst there's no direct proof (at least in the public domain) that any of it found its way to Amir or Asif, they undeniably did bowl the no-balls as requested. Whether it was for money or because they wanted to please their captain is immaterial; in the first instance they're bent and greedy in the second bent and stupid.

&, say what you want about the NOTW, but the CPS are unlikely to want to waste their time if there's no reasonable prospect of a conviction.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Don't understand people saying that the CPS shouldn't have prosecuted as there's no evidence. You people do realise that there will be evidence we aren't privy to, right???
    Yeah I seem to remember saying this several times before. A very important point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Thread Information