Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Any news on how long Prior got?

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Didn't Steve Smith cheat as well by appealing for a catch which he had dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by nick-o View Post
    I'm sorry, but when was the last time the ICC had any credibility? Nothing new there.

I think there were two options -- life bans, or a slap on the wrist.

I wish I could pretend to be surprised the ICC have gone for the slap on the wrist.
    As much as I find the ICC incompetent, what exactly have they done wrong here? Given a sentence that you disagree with? They appointed well respected judges to hear the case, and then handed out punishments which effectively end the careers of 2 of the 3 and leave the 3rd one with a very slight chance of making a comeback. You do realize that if they had gone for a harsher sentence, say life, in all probability the verdict would have been appealed to the the Court of Arbitration in Sports (CAS) and would have been reversed? Heck, Amir is already appealing his ban! It is a first (proven) offence of spot-fixing for these three. I can't think of any respectable legal system in the world that goes for a maximum punishment on a first time offence unless the crime is specially heinous (like murder). You may think that Spot Fixing is akin to Match Fixing and hence is the most heinous crime one can commit in sports, but obviously that's not how the judges saw it. I don't see fault with ICC here. They established a fair hearing, handed out just punishments, and I believe sent out a clear message that this type of behavior would not be tolerated.
    Last edited by Fusion; 05-02-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Anyway, what a joke

Where is the proof that Aamir and Asif were offered money?

Nowhere

Where is the proof that Asif and Aamir received money?

Same place

Complete ****ing joke of a decision that robs fans the world over of seeing 2 of the best talents of their generation

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Didn't Steve Smith cheat as well by appealing for a catch which he had dropped?
    Tough call

Give him 15 years

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    She has basically said that the people of pakistan should be upset with this verdict. What is the problem with that, I don't see it. There is no room to call her paranoid, or to say that she is alluding to a conspiracy. I don't see it, this is an over reaction.

This is a side issue anyway, but let's not go over the top, or get overly slanderous. After all, a mother has just seen her teenage sons promising career go down the pan, is it so hard to appreciate that viewpoint. Or should she be nodding her head saying he deserved it, just because you are.
    As a mother, she has every right to be upset in a situation like this. However, that doesn't mean it is right to come out and insinuate that Mohammad Aamer has been treated unfairly because of his nationality. That is preposterous. There is only one person primarily responsible for Aamer's predicament - Aamer himself. The irony here is that she is appealing to the same people that her son let down for the love of dollars.

Sorry - no sympathies from my side. I was a fan of his until this verdict came out, now I couldn't care less what happens to his career. As for Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif - the less said the better.

On a side note, Pakistan have won their first test series since 2006 and first ODI series since 2008, in a matter of weeks. Coincidence ?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slowfinger View Post
    Shut up all of you. I will not tolerate 5 years no Amir. Grrr. AARGHHH. JOKE WHAT A JOKE!
    5 Years no Amir is like 5 years no chocolate. I can't manage it.
    I hope you were not lamenting like this on the departure of Salim Malik as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    As a mother, she has every right to be upset in a situation like this. However, that doesn't mean it is right to come out and insinuate that Mohammad Aamer has been treated unfairly because of his nationality. That is preposterous. There is only one person primarily responsible for Aamer's predicament - Aamer himself. The irony here is that she is appealing to the same people that her son let down for the love of dollars.

Sorry - no sympathies from my side. I was a fan of his until this verdict came out, now I couldn't care less what happens to his career. As for Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif - the less said the better.

On a side note, Pakistan have won their first test series since 2006 and first ODI series since 2008, in a matter of weeks. Coincidence ?
    Very well said Blaze especially the part in bold.

Same as Haddin got I believe
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

[QUOTE=Blaze 18;2470916]As a mother, she has every right to be upset in a situation like this. However, that doesn't mean it is right to come out and insinuate that Mohammad Aamer has been treated unfairly because of his nationality. That is preposterous. There is only one person primarily responsible for Aamer's predicament - Aamer himself. The irony here is that she is appealing to the same people that her son let down for the love of dollars.

On a side note, Pakistan have won their first test series since 2006 and first ODI series since 2008, in a matter of weeks. Coincidence ?[/QUOT

Sure, Shoaib and Kamran Akmal were performing at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Same as Haddin got I believe
    Exactly

What a ****ing joke!

Pakistan were targetted and hit

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post

She didn't say that. She asked for the Pakistani people to protest, two completely different things.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Anyway, what a joke

Where is the proof that Aamir and Asif were offered money?

Nowhere

Where is the proof that Asif and Aamir received money?

Same place

Complete ****ing joke of a decision that robs fans the world over of seeing 2 of the best talents of their generation
    I'm not privy to all the facts of the situation and, sub judice being what it is, I don't suppose anyone else is either, but given it's been reported that both bowled no-balls at exactly the points promised by the middle man to the undercover reporter and their captain was found in possession of 38k in cash, which included notes with the same serial numbers as paid to the middle man by the NotW, it's insulting to the intelligence to say there's no proof.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I'm not privy to all the facts of the situation and, sub judice being what it is, I don't suppose anyone else is either, but given it's been reported that both bowled no-balls at exactly the points promised by the middle man to the undercover reporter and their captain was found in possession of 38k in cash, which included notes with the same serial numbers as paid to the middle man by the NotW, it's insulting to the intelligence to say there's no proof.
    So the captain had cash on him,- I'm sorry but big ****ing deal

The only things we know are:

a. NOTW (hardly gospel)

b. Bowlers delivering no balls

c. No proof of any money changing hands

d. Pakistanis

Prior, Haddin and Dhoni rated a few lines but WTF, give these guys life!

Thread Information