• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
I am not advocating it but if Pakistan never played another game of International cricket then I dont think the cricket world would be a worse place.

There have been far too many apologists for Pakistani cricket over the years and the cancer of a corrupt cricketing culture combined with righteous indignation has been allowed to fester for decades.
As much as I hate to admit it, I am in total agreement. Call if a knee-jerk reaction if you want, but if that country wasn't so twisted, Osama wouldn't be hiding in it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am not advocating it but if Pakistan never played another game of International cricket then I dont think the cricket world would be a worse place.

There have been far too many apologists for Pakistani cricket over the years and the cancer of a corrupt cricketing culture combined with righteous indignation has been allowed to fester for decades.
I wouldn't advocate it either, but I would be happy not to see Pakistan in top level cricket for the forseeable future. As a player, I wouldn't want to play them for fear of being associated with something like this.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
I wouldn't advocate it either, but I would be happy not to see Pakistan in top level cricket for the forseeable future. As a player, I wouldn't want to play them for fear of being associated with something like this.
They could always move to England. I think they're still looking for more international players. :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before I defend Faisal for a second I just want to say

Pakistan are a ****ing disgrace and deserve everything they get in this situation

But if you think for one minute that they are the only sub continent involved in this crap (Sri Lanka vs India 3rd test anyone?) or even western players cairns etc then you are kidding yourselves

So is the tip of the iceberg. This is a huge problem
No, just no. This thread is to discuss the potential spot-fixing of a few Pakistani cricketers based on evidence. It is not an opportunity to point to other teams or games and make baseless allegations against them.

Sir Alex

Banned

Pakistan are a ****ing disgrace and deserve everything they get in this situation

But if you think for one minute that they are the only sub continent involved in this crap (Sri Lanka vs India 3rd test anyone?) or even western players cairns etc then you are kidding yourselves

wat

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer

I think the only thing actually credible in this post is that this is a huge problem.

Well that's :laugh: mr funny guy.
Just teasing of course, England are the no. 1 test nation I support.

Last edited:

Quaggas

State Captain
Awfully sad, but taking only the deliberate noballs as fact:

Lifetime ban for all seniors (and administrators) involved, about 1 year for Aamer (more or less), and probably a lifetime for Asif, because of previous "indiscretions." [Aamer is 18 ffs, and is told by someone he presumably looks up to to bowl a couple of no balls. The context is important and isn't changing the outcome of the game (doesn't excuse it, though)]. Set up a suitably independent committee (with a sizable foreign/ICC contingent) to find facts and monitor future tours (how is another question). A clear dictate that future bribe taking will result in harsher punishment, no matter the circumstance. ICC to take seriously finding a way to get cricket back to Pakistan.

Talk of banning Pakistan from international cricket complete nonsense.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Yeah you're right

This is just a one off by 3 or 4 guys and I'm massively overplaying this issue.

As they say back where I'm from...........yeah right!!!!!!!!

pasag

RTDAS
How much would Aamer be making already in this whole thing? 50 grand? Would make 10 times that playing for an IPL side this year with his stock so quickly rising.

No IPL team will touch him now and he only has himself to blame.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lifetime ban for all seniors (and administrators) involved, about 1 year for Aamer (more or less), and probably a lifetime for Asif, because of previous "indiscretions." [Aamer is 18 ffs, and is told by someone he presumably looks up to to bowl a couple of no balls.
That's the thing about allegations like this. Trust is completely blown. One year is ludicrously low. You can't have anything except blanket lifetime bans.
Talk of banning Pakistan from international cricket complete nonsense.
Nah, the problem goes deeper than just a few players. If rookies who've barely played international cricket are already involved in things like this, there's clearly an deep rooted problem with the whole of Pakistan cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah you're right

Given that you have not the slightest piece of evidence, yes, yes you are.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, agree with SS, has to be life bans for all.

Will the final call be the ICC's or the PCB's?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah you're right

Trapol - whenever there's a controversy, there's always one or two posters who suddenly pop up to just try and cause additional anger and derail conversation - normally by flinging around wild allegations willy-nilly. Try to not be that guy here, ok? Andy has told you it's not on, and I'm reinforcing it. Post on this specific issue if you want to contribute to the thread or else.

Everyone else, if someone is trying to drag this off topic and start a flame war, you can best respond by ignoring them rather than getting sucked in.

Matt79

Global Moderator
As much as I hate to admit it, I am in total agreement. Call if a knee-jerk reaction if you want, but if that country wasn't so twisted, Osama wouldn't be hiding in it.
This kind of post is also out-of-line in the context of this discussion. We're talking about the conduct of the Pakistan cricket team, and by reasonable extension the culture of the cricket establishment there. Crude generalisations about the entire nation and what is basically abuse of the country can best be conducted at another website please.