Page 102 of 138 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2070
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

  1. #1516
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,822
    We have seen far too many politicians sport a smirk on their faces after being cleared from cases where they are obviously guilty, guessing that made Joe mad here(not that he has ever been not mad, but my point stands).
    This was a serious post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

    http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

  2. #1517
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,575
    I prefer the word eccentric, ****
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  3. #1518
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    How is the reasoning a joke if you go on to state almost the exact same thing? The only difference is that I demand confession and genuine remorse after the fact, while you prefer a "aw crap, I'm proven guilty, might as well bring out the waterworks now" tactic.
    because you seem to be basing your views on seeing him smiling thats all.

  4. #1519
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I prefer the word eccentric, ****
    Yeah, that too.


  5. #1520
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    this reasoning is a joke right?

    regardless of that i hope he does show contrition, do the sensible thing and regret his involvement - to a large extent that depends on the people around him because as any teenager he will need guidance in this matter.
    Its not a joke tbh.

    I agree with G.I Joe that at least he should have come out clean on this issue and at least should have categorically denied any involvement. He should clearly stated his position that No, i didn't take any money what so ever to bowl a no ball, that no ball was a genuine mistake due to my run up or some **** like that.

    If you have done nothing wrong, then what are you afraid off? Should have pleaded his case in the highest court, should have stood up in front of the media to say No this is bull **** , i didn't do nothing.

    But the reactions from Butt and him have been anything but those of innocence. If you are innocent, then the confidence of being acquitted should be present on your face...it wasn't in any of the places i saw Amir or Butt.

    They had the "***k i got caught" look to them.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 22-11-2010 at 08:08 AM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

  6. #1521
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Its not a joke tbh.

    I agree with G.I Joe that at least he should have come out clean on this issue and at least should have categorically denied any involvement. He should clearly stated his position that No, i didn't take any money what so ever to bowl a no ball, that no ball was a genuine mistake due to my run up or some **** like that.

    If you have done nothing wrong, then what are you afraid off? Should have pleaded his case in the highest court, should have stood up in front of the media to say No this is bull **** , i didn't do nothing.

    But the reactions from Butt and him have been anything but those of innocence. If you are innocent, then the confidence of being acquitted should be present on your face...it wasn't in any of the places i saw Amir or Butt.

    They had the "***k i got caught" look to them.
    yeah because they know that they have been caught on tape and the evidence is quite damning. They no there is no way out of it. So there seems to be no point in denying it. They know they are not innocent and the world knows it because they have seen the tapes and they haven't denied what is in the tapes so I guess they know that they can't escape from it.

  7. #1522
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    yeah because they know that they have been caught on tape and the evidence is quite damning. They no there is no way out of it. So there seems to be no point in denying it. They know they are not innocent and the world knows it because they have seen the tapes and they haven't denied what is in the tapes so I guess they know that they can't escape from it.
    ^ That's exactly why there should not be any remorse for anyone of them.

    I agree with you that they must be punished, its now or never.

  8. #1523

  9. #1524
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Yeah...he is giving a deadline of 5 days to report the names of the players...lol. Doesn't make sense...why wouldn't you just say it...giving them 5 days to come up with a new plan to screw him up.

  10. #1525
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    KARACHI: Spot-fixing saga once again cropped up when Mazhar Majeed in a video claimed that seven Pakistan cricket players were involved in spot fixing.

    A private Pakistani news channel had received a video of Majeed in which the bookie mentioned that Kamran Akmal, Wahab Riaz, Imran Farhat and Umar Akmal were also involved in the spot-fixing along with the suspended trio —Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer.

    He further said in the video that senior players like Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq and Younis Khan were out of his circle.
    Dawn.

  11. #1526
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Dawn.
    old news.. in fact it is 10 to 12 players who have been involved since 2007 on and off.. they have been fixing matches with both mazhar and Azhar majeed.
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

  12. #1527
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    old news.. in fact it is 10 to 12 players who have been involved since 2007 on and off.. they have been fixing matches with both mazhar and Azhar majeed.
    Well...i don't know...Geo TV aired the video Majeed talking about the other 4 players on Tuesday and Cricinfo is reporting it today.

    Spot-fixing controversy: Pakistan agent Mazhar Majeed claims four other players worked with him | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

  13. #1528
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Well...i don't know...Geo TV aired the video Majeed talking about the other 4 players on Tuesday and Cricinfo is reporting it today.

    Spot-fixing controversy: Pakistan agent Mazhar Majeed claims four other players worked with him | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo
    apparently the icc knows of this video.............

  14. #1529
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    apparently the icc knows of this video.............
    Then why double standards?

    They just cleared Kamran Akmal?????

    Its making me think they have more then just this video for evidence against the trio now........

  15. #1530
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    probably...............i saw the video when geo aired it for the first time and they said that this video is part of the evidence that the icc has against the players......the only new thing about this video is that it was not seen by the general public......icc has knowledge of this video....and this was said by geo explicitly in the post video airing session



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PCB handed match fixing evidence by ICC
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-08-2007, 04:42 AM
  3. How the match fixing works!!!
    By gazza619 in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2007, 05:22 PM
  4. Spot the difference
    By James in forum Rugby Union World Cup 2003
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29-11-2003, 04:08 PM
  5. Aussie Allrounder spot for WC
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 23-11-2002, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •