• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they'd run the "NOTW are lying dishonest bastards and are making it all up" defence then their lawyers would be getting very excited, trouble is I don't believe they did, but then I've tried to avoid tittle tattle and keep an open mind 'cos I still haven't given up hope of getting instructed by one of them so come on boys, be sensible, one of you needs to sack your legal team and get Fertang & Co on board - please email us at info@cricketweb.net

Thank you

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It could affect the court case (obviously the jury will be influenced by the recent events). However it won't affect the ICC case because they don't need the standard/quality of proof required by the British courts.

So in essence Butt, Asif and Amir remain ****ed.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Given that they've had a judicial trial that's found them guilty, if Asif and Aamir seek to use this as an opportunity to question their bans, I hope they get a 5 year extension free of cost.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The ICC have to keep this guy out of cricket for good if they want to help stamp out corruption, if they did it would send a very ominous message to anyone who becomes involved in fixing. The apology means nothing, nor the admittance, I have no idea why it didn't come earlier...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
So the ICC have set up a panel to review Amir's ban. The 5 years minimum will stay in place but they might allow him to train using the PCB's facilities.

Pakistan Cricket News: Mohammad Amir could be allowed PCB training facilities | ESPN Cricinfo

He should also be allowed to play county cricket since he has been to jail and served the ban for a few years now & not to mention the fact that he admitted his guilt initially, cooperated fully, was apologetic/remourseful and was a victim of more corrupt people.

It's also unfair that Westfield gets to play county cricket after 3 years of serving his ban (of 5 years) while Amir doesn't.

TNT

Banned
He should also be allowed to play county cricket since he has been to jail and served the ban for a few years now & not to mention the fact that he admitted his guilt initially, cooperated fully, was apologetic/remourseful and was a victim of more corrupt people.

Did he? I thought he pleaded not guilty to the ICC tribunal.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Leaving aside the moral issues, there's no way he'd get a work permit to play county cricket.

Add in the oral issues and he can **** off.

Also, how does playing cricket AFTER the ban indicate someone who cooperated fully?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Leaving aside the moral issues, there's no way he'd get a work permit to play county cricket.

Add in the oral issues and he can **** off.

Also, how does playing cricket AFTER the ban indicate someone who cooperated fully?
I meant domestic cricket. I tend to call all domestic as county.

He cooperated by admitting guilt before trial (Furby), cooperating with police and ICC.

Meanwhile Westfield gets a deal for providing evidence against Kenaria, and still not enough evidence for it to go to trial. Amir should be allowed to play domestic like Westfield, otherwise it's hugely unfair.

fredfertang

If he has co-operated fully then Amir does deserve a break, but I doubt he has, as I'm not aware that he's offered to give evidence against anyone else

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But does he have anything on anyone? He was lured in by senior players and he has admitted this many times.
Next time I get caught doing something wrong, I'll admit to it being someone else's fault too :laugh:

If Amir was a turd bowler I bet you wouldn't be arsed

fredfertang

But does he have anything on anyone? He was lured in by senior players and he has admitted this many times.
I find it difficult to believe he has no useful evidence to give against others, but he may not have in which case if those who have questioned him are satisfied he's told them the full story then I'd be happy to accept their views on that

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I find it difficult to believe he has no useful evidence to give against others, but he may not have in which case if those who have questioned him are satisfied he's told them the full story then I'd be happy to accept their views on that
That's what Atherton believes.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I meant domestic cricket. I tend to call all domestic as county.
Oh OK, well he'll just have to serve his punishment then, simples.

The fact that the punishment was ridiculously weak is unfortunately now a footnote in history.

I still reiterate that by playing club cricket when he was clearly banned, Amir hasn't co-operated properly.

Incidentally Westfield's professional ban was actually the same as Amir's (5 years) and that still stands. They're just allowing him to play club cricket from next year as he has co-operated considerably and will presumably continue to assist the anti-corruption program.