Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2070
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

  1. #1501
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Sipah-e-Siahaba and other such organizations are religiously driven to cause violence. Obviously Religion doesn't teach that....
    There you go.....another one of those Frankenstiens that I am talking about.

  2. #1502
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    I really enjoyed this little segment on Pak cricket in cricinfo

    Where does Pakistan cricket go from here? | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio at ESPN Cricinfo

    it is good to see that some of the neutral experts and commentators care about pak cricket..

    Sanjay and Harsha are both my favorite commentators and i take their opinion very highly on most matters.. Sanjay manjaraker specifically suggested that maybe it is important to give pakistan sometimes off and a cooling period.. so a ban of 2 to 3 years could maybe make things better for the future of pakistan cricket..

    I do agree that a ban should be enforced on Pakistan cricket but not for that long..

    I personally think that the Pak cricket board is very weak and it gives player too much freedom.. as a result, they can do whatever they please.. and they do what they please...they can't be punished for their actions as PCB has no balls to take any actions against these players..

    i say ban Pak cricket till they change their system and the set up that they have right now... the current pcb set up is completely influnced by politics most of the time.. ICC should try to isolate cricket from politics in pakistan as politics is the main reason behind all the mess..
    Last edited by AaronK; 16-11-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

  3. #1503
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    ICC should try to isolate cricket from politics in pakistan as politics is the main reason behind all the mess..
    I agree with this much.

    The rest is not quite as simple. The cricket world will be much poorer without Pakistan.

  4. #1504
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Spot-fixing controversy: Mohammad Amir 'desperate' for international return | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

    I have only 3 words for you

    Get Lost B***H..........

    I will be eating my words if he turns out innocent but the sight of him makes me mad.
    i think amir can be "redeemed" - its butt who really cuts me up - we all knew asif off the field was a reckless fool, but butt was the captain, he looked somewhat credible, in fact he was earning praise all round, he also was not a village bumpkin - yet he was one of the biggest facilitators of this mess.


  5. #1505
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    i think amir can be "redeemed" - its butt who really cuts me up - we all knew asif off the field was a reckless fool, but butt was the captain, he looked somewhat credible, in fact he was earning praise all round, he also was not a village bumpkin - yet he was one of the biggest facilitators of this mess.
    I doubt Amir can be redeemed. What makes you say that???

  6. #1506
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I doubt Amir can be redeemed. What makes you say that???
    there should be a punishment, there should be an understanding that if he is ever caught in a similar situation his career his over - but this incident should not be the end of him given his age and the environment he was in - he was more vulnerable and was likely to be the less active member in this fixing

  7. #1507
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    there should be a punishment, there should be an understanding that if he is ever caught in a similar situation his career his over - but this incident should not be the end of him given his age and the environment he was in - he was more vulnerable and was likely to be the less active member in this fixing
    Less active or more active. Life bans for those involved. For far too long the PCB and ICC have been very lenient. An example has to be made out of people and Amir if found guilty should be dealt with equally severely.

  8. #1508
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Less active or more active. Life bans for those involved. For far too long the PCB and ICC have been very lenient. An example has to be made out of people and Amir if found guilty should be dealt with equally severely.
    this is a call for others to make, but i think life bans for amir and butt and a fairly lengthy ban for amir (2 years or thereabouts) is sufficient, i am not advocate of the one size fits all approach.

  9. #1509
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,870
    Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    this is a call for others to make, but i think life bans for amir and butt and a fairly lengthy ban for amir (2 years or thereabouts) is sufficient, i am not advocate of the one size fits all approach.
    Look, I'd have been more convinced of the "poor little boy" argument had Aamer come clean when the scandal broke out. He still hasn't, and the sight of him grinning on newspaper pages as he walks out of questionings and hearings only convinces me that if guilty, he's a crook, full stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  10. #1510
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    . He still hasn't, and the sight of him grinning on newspaper pages as he walks out of questionings and hearings only convinces me that if guilty, he's a crook, full stop.
    tbf this doesn't mean anything.

  11. #1511
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,870
    Legally yeah, it probably doesn't. But then strictly speaking, once you accept the number 18 as a cut off, nothing else should matter too.

  12. #1512
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Look, I'd have been more convinced of the "poor little boy" argument had Aamer come clean when the scandal broke out. He still hasn't, and the sight of him grinning on newspaper pages as he walks out of questionings and hearings only convinces me that if guilty, he's a crook, full stop.
    this reasoning is a joke right?

    regardless of that i hope he does show contrition, do the sensible thing and regret his involvement - to a large extent that depends on the people around him because as any teenager he will need guidance in this matter.

  13. #1513
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,870
    Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    this reasoning is a joke right?

    regardless of that i hope he does show contrition, do the sensible thing and regret his involvement - to a large extent that depends on the people around him because as any teenager he will need guidance in this matter.
    How is the reasoning a joke if you go on to state almost the exact same thing? The only difference is that I demand confession and genuine remorse after the fact, while you prefer a "aw crap, I'm proven guilty, might as well bring out the waterworks now" tactic.

  14. #1514
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Legally yeah, it probably doesn't. But then strictly speaking, once you accept the number 18 as a cut off, nothing else should matter too.
    Actually it is his complicity in the matter and the fact that he did not confide into any neutral party as to what was actually taking place. Nobody knows for how long this has been going on. Surely at some point he should have confided in somebody neutral to allay his apprehensions or misgivings about such a venture? What was it that was stopping him??? Fear?? Real danger??? Or just that opportunity to make a quick buck????

    And even 18 is an arbitrary age established by the modern legal system. Most teenagers would tell you that they are able to distinguish between right and wrong at a far earlier age.
    I don't see why Amir deserves any leniency for being involved in wrong doing.

    And yes I really don't care if he smiles outside the court room or not. If he is guilty then justice be served. Also GI do you really think his sentence should have been lighter had he shown remorse for the photographers outside the courtroom???

  15. #1515
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,870
    It's genuine remorse that could make a difference if the age argument holds any water, not remorse specifically for the photographers. The photographers themselves are incidental, and only serve the purpose of capturing the moment. If he's grinning for them, he's grinning into the faces of every fan who looked up to him. They're the medium, he's conveying the message.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PCB handed match fixing evidence by ICC
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-08-2007, 04:42 AM
  3. How the match fixing works!!!
    By gazza619 in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2007, 05:22 PM
  4. Spot the difference
    By James in forum Rugby Union World Cup 2003
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29-11-2003, 04:08 PM
  5. Aussie Allrounder spot for WC
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 23-11-2002, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •